Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Sprained my ankle last night playing basketball. Fucking basketball, I always did suck at it.

Rave: Time off work! It really doesn't hurt that much if I don't move it, and now I have to work 3 hours in the next week!

Rant: All this time off, and I can't even go outside because outside is more than 15 feet away. Fuck. Looks like there are a looot of people who are going to lose at Guitar Hero on xbox live in the next couple days.

2. DanD

DanD
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

RAVE: Finally, after 2 months of waiting, I have a starting date for my internship. Nearly 2 years of volunteering are starting to pay off. Now to see where this takes me.

RANT: Having to restart, and set up long-term goals makes the day-to-day very bland. Hopefully moving out next month will bring out a bit more of excitement back into my life.

RAVE: Working for my dad has not been as bad as expected. I think that's mostly cause we're raking it in.

RAVE: Already saved enough for 2 quarters of grad school. Now I need to start studying for the GRE.

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Today was a good day. Finally locked down a long time prospective customer into visiting one of my other customer's plants to take a look at our equipment in action. It took me 4 months of visits, calls, emails, and wrangling to get them to agree to it.

Scary: Their project is the single largest automation project that will happen in North America over the next 12 months and I'm very close to closing the deal.

Rant: I just put $9,500 worth of plane tickets on my tab for them. They'll be flying home with the luggage if I get turned down.

4. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Well, sucks for the friend a bit.

My best friend(she is a female) lives with her sister and her husband, and they are now getting divorce, so friend needs a place to stay for 3 months, so we are putting her up here in the spare bedroom.

Sure, am getting married in a month, but hey, another pretty woman around the house is always nice. Especially since she and J have a tendency to make out.

5. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: To the prick on the motor bike who last night over a 1 hour period tore up and down my street at what must have been well over 100kph, 3 seperate times! Fuck you.

If I'd have known you would repeat the trick 2 more times I might have organised something to ruin your night. Laying awake at 2:30am doesn't make for kind thoughts.

6. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The other intern fucking quit! Until we can hire another one, I'll be doing the work of two people. Fuck!

Rant: I'll be working an average of 13 hours daily for the next 5 days, after working at least 10 for the past week.

Rave: Talked to the girlfriend today. She should come home from Europe already... I miss her.

Rave: One of my suggestions for a new product name is now the official name. Awesome.

7. pincinelly

pincinelly
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Had a job interview yesterday and got a call back straight away, went in today and was asked about how quickly I would be able to make a decision if offered the job. I am assuming that is a good thing.

Rave: Handed in my last essay today, except for...

Rant: Now i just have to write my fucking dissertation. God I wish I had good time management skills.

8. gfh

gfh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: When Snoop Dogg is in a music video with a pop performer it should be like Buttons not California Gurls

Rant: Katy Perry. This woman has an issue when it comes to videos and it's that the song doesn't match the video. I Kissed a Girl didn't have her kissing a girl and California Gurls is herin candyland. I saw that she has big tits. Show case that. Mariah Carey can actually sing and she still show cases her body.

Rave: Burritos from Burrito Boyz

9. Dayvan

Dayvan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RAVE: I know I'm just a little bit late but,...

"Walter you see us?"

"Yea, I see you."

"I'd like you to exit your vehicle and start walking toward us."

"And then what?... I'm going to need some, some kind of assurance."

"I assure you I could kill you from way over here... if it makes you feel any better."

Breaking Bad Season 3 Finale. Fucking. Awesome.

10. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Why when things are going well do they always HAVE to go bad within a day? It sucks.

Rant: The last three pieces of equipment that shipped had their attachment bolt holes drilled wrong. This wouldn't be a big deal if the mistakes had been discovered BEFORE they reached the customer's plant.

"Yeah just send that 3-ton piece of equipment back to us if you would..."

Fuck.

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- We flew out there and the adoption fell thru. CPS is shady as hell out here, disobeyed the court papers, and a hearing has been scheduled in two weeks.

Fuck CPS and fuck shitty attorneys. I've only had to deal with attorneys twice in my life- once when I bought my old business partner out, and once for this adoption. They deserve every bit of negativity that comes their way.

12. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Did good enough in the interview that I got a call back for a 2nd interview tomorrow!

Rant: Tomorrow's interview is gonna be longer and more in depth. Here come the fucking nerves again.

Rave: I foresee an epic day Thursday, starting with me getting my first "real" job since graduating, and finishing with the Lakers winning the championship, and me getting ridiculously drunk to celebrate.

13. LindseyBluth

LindseyBluth
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Update Rave: My husband, daughter, and I never got lice. I was sure it was going to happen, but luck was on my side. I want to restrict my in-laws from coming to my house for a month just to be sure there are no lice eggs brought into my house. I am a fucking OCD freak about cleanliness anyway. The last thing I want is to worry about that shit. I get the shivers and vomity feeling just thinking about it.

14. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Went to like 10 different recording studios looking for jobs. 90% of them were just somebody's god damn house. But, I walked into the biggest studio in Buffalo expecting nothing, but I met the head engineer, met Robby Takac (Goo Goo Dolls + owns the studio), got a tour of the place, and was told that in a few weeks to call them because there's a good chance they'll have something available. If this goes through I will be SO HAPPY.

15. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: When you tell the barber "high and tight, leave an inch on top.". How does this get translated to shave the sides (not high enough) and leave 3/16 of an inch? You dumbshit, I hope you wonder why you didn't get a tip.

Rave: It's only hair and it'll keep me away from a haircut for awhile. Nine days to go for the move! I can't see any gray with the hair this short!

16. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave?: I'm a year older today. Not sure how I feel about that.

Rant: Work has FUCKING SUCKED today. Thank god I'm out of here in a half an hour. This is not how you should spend your birthday.

Rant: I don't get the day off tomorrow so I can't go too hard tonight. Oh well, I'm getting old anyways.

Rave: I'm going to fucking maul margaritas and fajitas like it's my job at dinner tonight. Screw being fancy, if I have a choice for dinner for my birthday, I'm picking Don Pablos. I love that place. I feel like Cartman going to Casa Bonita. I plan on being carried out due to glutony.

17. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

RAVE: Vacation starts today.

18. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Who won a free grill at work today? This guy, that's who.

Rave number the second: Interviewing for a promotion to assistant manager on monday.

Attached Files:

19. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave (so far): Just applied for a job at The Grove Park Inn. There aren't a lot of jobs available right now in my field and well, Grove Park is fucking beautiful.

Rant: I hate the waiting after applying for a job.
    Rave: Another (closer) spa has two openings as well. My best friend just left to open her own business (still on good terms with them) and is personally handing my resume in for me.

Rave: Spent the day at the zoo.
    Rant: The plantar fasciitis in my right foot is fucking killing me.

20. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: So... fortune doesn't favor the bold it seems. Especially not with sex.