Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Atlanta tomorrow!

RANT: I hate flying.

2. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: I've written so much today that my hand is sore. It's literally almost in a claw position because it's cramping so much. I feel like an old witch with gnarly hands.

Rave: It's almost Tuesday...which is one day closer to the weekend! That's all I've got.

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Screw you Southern California. You get all the fucking quakes these days. We had a pathetic 3.6. Come on Gaia. Try something big for me.

4. Croftie

Croftie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Spent my weekend at my friend's creekhouse. Weekend was spent drinking LOTS of beer, grilling LOTS of sausage, and canoeing down the creek.

Rant: I'm seriously allergic to something my back came in contact with this past weekend, possibly the couch I slept on. It's slightly red and keeps itching like a motherfucker. Everytime I itch it, feels better for a few seconds, but 20 seconds after that, the itching spread all over the place. I keep twitching like someone having a seizure and Benadryl has done next to nothing. AGH, agonizingly annoying.

5. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I accidentally posted that in the "What I'm currently listening to" Thread... Apparently I'm more nervous than I realized. Fuck interviews man. Time for a beer and some sleep.

6. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Haven't seen the ToyToy for a while, is he in the clink again? Just checked his profile he hasn't touched base since mid April.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I can't work out if I'm currently in a state of being super-rational or depression. And whether it's a side effect of the new medication, or just me being me.

8. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Andre Ward fight in Oakland this weekend. Another big fight for the Bay Area. Be sitting press row per the usual.

Rave: Doing my first open mic standup next Monday.

Rant: Haven't practiced or written down any of my material. Could be bombs away.

9. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: FUCK. I left the forms I need tomorrow morning in the lab next to the computer...I think.

Rant: Have to be up in a few hours.

10. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant:

At the airport waiting to board a flight home. My Dad called at 7:30 last night to tell me that my Mom's condition has taken a dramatic turn for the worse and that she may only have a few hours/days left.

I land at 8:40 this morning and it's straight to the hospital.

I am expecting the worst while still hoping for the best. I can only hope and pray that she is at peace, regardless of what the future holds. Right now I am seriously dizzy with emotion.There's so much that I want to try and explain and sort through, but this doesn't seem to be the time.

Rave:

I've got some incredibly supportive, loyal friends.

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We got through the part I was least looking forward to, dinner with the birth parents.

There's something surreal about 4 strangers sitting down with nothing in common but the love for a child and discussing the future.

It's something I tried to remember details of vividly, knowing I'll have to recall it one day for my daughter.

12. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if this is a Rant or Rave. Touchdown Jesus burned down! It got struck by lightening, meaning once again God didn't save his son. I'm sure the /b/tards are having a field day with this.

Now what in the fuck are we supposed to make fun of Cincinnati for? Mediocore sports teams, the creation museum, high crime rates and blatant racism? It just doesn't feel right without touchdown Jesus.

13. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I'm a contract employee and I'm not eligible for vacation time, so I worked enough extra hours in recent months to bank 2 lieu days. I was going to save them for October because Wife™ and I were planning on going somewhere for our honeymoon, but I found out last week that those lieu days expire, so I have to use them soon or lose them.

Rave: So I'm using one today. Got up, tended to the dog, exercised and now I'm tidying a little before settling in to watch Nintendo's E3 press conference.

Rant: I somehow managed to crack the back of one of my bottom incisors on Saturday. I have no idea how I did it, either. Seeing my new dentist tomorrow to have it looked at and hopefully he tells me that there's a quick fix because I'm paranoid now that I'm going to catch the crack on something and pull the goddamn tooth out or something.

14. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Ivory Coast is my new (second) favorite team, anyone that makes Cristiano Ronaldo frustrated is a good friend of mine.

15. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Ang came over for breakfast Sunday!

RAVE: After breakfast we stayed in bed for a few hours.

RAVE: We didn't sleep!

RANT: Shocks are going out on my car.

16. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: So, while I was in the bathroom just now washing my hands I noticed that I have way too many gray hairs on my head for being 27 years old. I knew I had some, but for some reason I just realized that I really have quite a few, which is not cool. At this rate I'll be mostly gray by 35.

17. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE:
    Closing on my condo Thursday evening! After three and a half fucking months of ridiculousness and red tape and bullshit, I'm finally done and I can call it mine.

Expect a few questions in the home improvement thread about ceiling fan choice/installation and flat screen TV mounting on a wall with aluminum studs in the near future.

18. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave (I guess): It's my birthday.

I really don't care, hate the attention, and wish people would just shut the fuck up and treat it like another day. Don't act like I'm special, just buy me a few beers and be done with it.

Things like this give me intense anxiety and trigger that depression switch, and I don't know why. My phone is currently off, and I've hidden out at home all fucking day. Later on I'm going out to have a few beers with an old friend I haven't seen in a year. Those are the plans. And that's it.

19. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Supervisor in my group is quitting to take a new job. This means that they may give me that title, along with the responsibilities, but if they do, I won't get paid any more for it. Fuck.

20. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Had a killer workout today, followed by running til I puked. Looking in the mirror at all this definition makes it so worth it.

Rave: 100% on my first exam this week, HOORAY!!

Rave: Life is mucho bueno.