Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rant: Screwed out of going to an all you can eat rib place.

Rave: I bought a box of dunkaroos.

2. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Friend of mine is apparently going to prison.

Rant: Friend in question sent me a quick message on facebook saying he was going and gave me his mom's cell phone number to call to figure out what exactly is going on with him. I just left the most awkward voicemail in history. And I still have the potential call back to look forward to. Yay.

Rave: At the end of the day I'm a free man. It's hard to complain about anything from that perspective.

3. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE! Done with work here in California, leaving on Sunday (HOLY SHIT!) to drive through the south and up the east not quite coast and back to lovely Michigan where I will NOT be moving back in with my parents, and where I will be taking care of a child who wipes his own ass! WOO HOO!

4. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

rant

I am so sick of the shitacular weather that we are having. It's June 10, I should not be freezing my ass off all day. I seriously wish that I had a winter coat with me. I'm usually happy to get out of the office fucking come on! Summer, get you ass out here before I lose my shit.

5. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I've had my furnace running every day this week. Sometimes you really test my patience Calgary.

P.S. Wait for my rant in July for the 3 entire days every year that I have to remove the duvet from my bed.

6. eric

eric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant Can't sleep,clown will eat me. I've been getting about 3 to 4 hours sleep a night with all that's going on. I hate that I do this. Wish my brain had an "off" switch so I could just sleep. I though with the 6 ciders I had last night that I'd sleep till the morning but no, woke up at 3 am and still wide awake.

Rave The buyers have lifted their final condition. The house is unconditionally sold!

Rant Moving is like sharing a prison cell with this guy. You spend every night getting your shit packed. Occasionally there's blood.

[​IMG]

Rant/Rave Put the Z up for sale on Wednesday, and sold it yesterday to a nice young man (Christ, am I getting that old?). He came to see the car with his dad; they spent a couple hours with us here chatting. Took the kid for a spin and pinned his ears back on my favorite road here. I think it was orders of magnitude beyond anything he's ever been in. From talking to him, he's really into cars so I'm glad the Z is going to someone who's going to appreciate it. On the down side, as soon as they left the wife started crying. She loves that car. STi is next...

Rave Discovered this site has fellow squirting aficionados. Nothing hotter than when the wife says "better get a towel".

Rave Its finally Friday. Cottage tonight.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Fucking hayfever. We have these lovely things called Wattles in Australia. They're a native plant that grow just about everywhere around here, and produce oodles of flowers that dump metric (and imperial) fucktons of pollen into the air. They do this multiple times a year. There is no escaping. And nothing works for me to get rid of it. All the medications do is send me to sleep. I even bought 5 boxes of Tylenol Severe Allergy back with me from my last trip to the US. My nose just laughs at that shit.

8. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: It's been nice and cool at night. What? I'm fat.

Rant: Driving tonight for ANOTHER wedding tomorrow.

Rant: It's almost four hours away.

Rant: I have to drive it alone, stupid long distance relationships.

Rant: I've only met these people ONCE, and it was LAST WEEKEND. The GF hasn't spoken to the soon to be bride in four years and is a fucking bride's maid.

Rave: They seem cool, the wedding is in NH (my favorite state in New England) and we're renting out a full house for $50 a night.

Rave: I get to stock up on booze, canned food and house supplies at New Hampshire prices.

9. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: I think getting out of a long-term relationship is like taking a shit when you're traveling on the highway. You know it's coming, you know you gotta stop, but there's no exit sign in sight. You keep waiting and waiting for a way off this God damn road, the pressure builds and it keeps getting worse... but like a dumb ass you keep holding it in. You're clenched up and on the edge of your seat all the time. Every minute seems like an hour.

FINALLY, you see the exit sign.

Then things start getting tough, you feel it coming but you think "If I get off will I even make it? Should I just give up and shit my pants?" Suddenly the pressure you felt before seems like nothing. You get tenser and tenser and afraid to breath. You finally get into the service station and face the long run. If you don't move fast, there's a good chance you're about to have a pant load full. That sprint seems like a marathon. You think how far you've made it, and how close you are to the goal, but even still question your intestinal fortitude to pull it off. It's gonna be ugly no matter what reaching your goal. With sweaty palms, and a don't give a damn attitude you pop that door open and make a break for it.

Sometimes you make it. Sometimes you hit an out of service sign. Sometimes the clerk won't give you the key.

RAVE:
    I just took the best proverbial shit I've had in a long time.

RAVE:
    The weather in Florida is awesome. Going to the beach and less than a month from Daytona, on America's b-day. USA! USA! Sorry Calgarians, bundle up.

10. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: the song "Peaches en regalia" by Frank Zappa. I fucking love that song.

Rave: Got a bottle of 15 year old Glenlivet French Oak Reserve waiting for me at home for when I get off work. I am going to get "rull drunk" tonight.

11. big B

big B
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE
    I've got a date with the new girl tomorrow night. Hopefully it'll be fun and work out well.
    She's really cool, but really reminds me of one of my long term ex-girlfriends. We'll see if that has any effect on my sub-conscience as to whether or not I end up trying diligently to impregnate her. Wish me luck!

Side Note:
    RANT? Toytoy, did he go back to jail or something? I may have missed a conversation on here about it, but I haven't seen that guy in a while. Anybody know?

12. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: It's finally the weekend. It's been a long week at work and at home and I think I might start drinking anytime now.

Rant: A friend and I were going to head down to Springfield tonight to go downtown but things didn't work out, so now I have to try to find something to do here which is damn near impossible. We're thinking about trying to throw a party out on one of the dirt roads we used to party on in high school. I foresee the two of us hanging out on a gravel road drinking by ourselves.

Rant/Rave: The talks with the husband are over. We talked late into the night every night last week, which didn't help me get up for work at 4:30 in the morning. Finally on Sunday we (mostly me) came to a conclusion...looks like I'm leaving. There are a lot of factors but when you get right down to it we've just grown apart and don't want the same things out of life anymore. Neither of us have been happy for a long time and we have had these talks before and tried to make it work. It sucks that this is how it has to end but I truly think we will both be happier in the long run this way.

As soon as I get a job I'll be moving out of this town and starting over. Until that happens I'm still living with him, as awkward as it sounds it really hasn't been. We've also decided to try and keep it quiet until I actually physically leave, I'd prefer not to have to deal with the small town drama if I don't have to.

13. cuOL66

cuOL66
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You forget how much you miss something, until it is in front of you again.

That said:

RAVE: GREAT opening game for the cup, and I took an early lunch to catch the second half. Did I get sucked into cheering for RSA (annoying horns be dammed?) Hell and yes I did.

Rant: Annoying emails from my friends who went to SA, while I decided to be responsible. Stupid brain, keep ME from the World Cup will you...

14. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I am going all out booking shit on the honeymoon. So far I have booked a jungle tour where they put you in a small boat with a 30hp engine and let you zip through a mangrove jungle, and an all day Marlin/wahoo fishing trip.

15. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: first stop on the honeymoon, downtown seattle, where we're staying in an awesome hotel thanks to the recommendation of a board member. Downtown seattle is like San Fransisco with out the gay, meets new york without the dicks. Got lost wandering around downtown last night looking for a place to eat, and it was awesome.

And yes, I am posting on tib from my phone. The wife is still asleep, and I'm killing time until we have to board the ship.

16. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Forgot my anti-depressants 4 days in a row, now I don't feel like doing anything but sleeping and lying around. I have too much shit to do for this nonsense.

RANT: Last day of school and kids will be home for the summer.

RANT: My youngest is having his tonsils out Monday and we have to be at the hospital by 6:30 A.M.

Dagumit Blah!

17. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: I just got replaced my iPhone. Holy fuck am I ever happy.

18. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Holy fuck am I ever illiterate.

19. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Got a 98% on my T-34c Systems Exam this morning. Fuck yeah.

Rant: Missed one question I shouldn't have, I was stupid. Should have been a 100%.

Rave: Futbol is finally on!!

Rave: Relaxing weekend!!!!

20. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Working from home for the first time. Awesome.

Rave: Came across some old old old family pictures that I thought I had lost. So good to see all of these.