Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Yankees. 27 baby.

Rave: Beer.

Rant: Started doing something I shouldn't have that I hadn't done for 11 months.

Rave: School is going well. Work is going well. Life in general is good. I'm not getting laid, but whatever, I've had longer dry spells.

2. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I had to cut a kid from the basketball team tonight. He is a senior, and damn near cried and begged for a second chance. Funny thing is, he was running on like his 5th. He definitely deserved it -- skipped fall league altogether, already missed 4 practices without a valid excuse, and today I caught him lying to me for the third time -- but it never is easy. Had I kept him, he eventually would've been a cancer in the locker room with his ever-growing shitty attitude. No matter how much it needed to be done, this is definitely the worst part of coaching.

Rave: nothing a couple of beers can't help, and to come home to a new Friday Night Lights definitely helps. Here's to East Dillon and a new day tomorrow. Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose!

3. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: JesusFuckingChrist. You yankees fans are fucking annoying. We all know you guys are awesome. We all know you have won 27 world series. But do you not understand that you should win every fucking game you play? Do you not understand that buying MLB's all-star team, then winning a championship with that team, isn't exactly something to get all gooey in your underwear about? It's like playing madden against the Lions with the AFC all star team. In 2 player mode. By yourself, while you pick the other team's plays. And then celebrate after winning 136-0. Give me a fucking break.

Congrats anyway I guess. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/salaries?team=nyy

4. pincinelly

pincinelly
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Drove a V10 Audi R8 last night, and it is ridiculously fun. 0-100kmph (0-60mph) in 4.3 seconds and just a ridiculous car.
    Rave: Handed in my last essay for university for the year, four month holiday coming up.
    Rave: Nothing to rant about.

5. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: It's messages like these that make me happier after a victory. Go ahead, weep. Your tears sustain me!

6. BeerMonster

BeerMonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: You ever hear a song that's so fucking stupid that it's actually sounds good when you're drunk? I present to you...

I'm a sucker for blondes n all, but she's a serious butterface. Why do I like this song? WHY?

#386 BeerMonster, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: After reading this thread, I feel positively normal... and boring.

MooseKnucke RAVE: YANKEES# 27!

8. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Yankees hitting 27 means Habs at 24 need to get their asses in gear
    Rant: Broke a door, cutting severely into my Scotch fund.

9. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got my broken tooth yanked yesterday. This is a rave because I'm no longer in constant pain! Plus, it was so awesomely weird listening to them break the tendons to pull the fucker. The surgeon couldn't beleive it didn't freak me out.

Double Rave: Percocet. Really strong ones. I don't even need them for pain. Sure are fun though.

Rant: A good friend and I got into quite the fight yesterday. He was drunk and therefore an idiot. I worry about him...

10. big B

big B
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT Wow am I hungover today. Two hours late to work? Yes sir. Uncontrollable headache? You got that right. A couple hundred light in the wallet? Damn skippy.
    Feeling like a total shit head today? Fuck.

11. anjelik

anjelik
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

RANT: I hate being a boss sometimes. Nothing is worse than having someone get upset because he isn't making any hits and the new guy is.

RAVE: The economy is turning.. I see dollar signs coming back my way! :)

12. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goodness, the weather report for tomorrow is delightful. 52 degrees and sunny. What a perfect day to take a stroll down the Canyon of Heroes with 2 million other people in celebration of number 27.

13. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:

While my parent's divorce hasn't really bothered me, something kind of caught me by surprise this morning. A couple of days ago, I decided to friend my mother on facebook after the request came through. I don't say or do much there anyway, and there won't be any pictures that I wouldn't want her to see or anything, so I didn't really care.

Anyway, the divorce was finalized in court last week and I was just happy that it was done. This morning, the news feed revealed that my mother is now single.

It was sandwiched between a picture of some chick I used to be friends with who was drinking in a hot tub and some douchebag farmville shit. Just very nonchalant and matter of fact with a couple encouraging "When a door closes, a window opens" type comments below the update.

I didn't get choked up or sad, but it was more of a what-the-fuck kind of moment for me. The status of my family is summed up with some little faggot heart buried in a mess of slutty halloween pictures and mafia wars? It just rubbed me the wrong way.

14. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I hate the Yankees and all of their fans.

Rave: I never watch TV, but I'm hooked on Lost and am trying to burn through all 5 seasons as fast as I can. Holy crap, that show is addicting.

Rant/Rave: I don't even know how to describe it, but I had a McGriddle this morning and have no idea if I liked it or hated it. And I ate it 4 hours ago! I don't know why I'm so conflicted on this, but my taste buds were so fucking confused.

15. cllrbone11

cllrbone11
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: My roommate is Yankees fan.
    Rave: I'm getting paid by the Psychology department at my school to participate in 30 minute studies.
    Rave: Novembeard has started, no shaving for a month!

16. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant:

I go to a fairly small university (UFV Abbotsford Campus for anyone in the lower mainland). The cafeteria is split into two sections by a wall that goes 3/4 of the way through. There is the main part, with the grill, sandwich station and whatnot, and the tills, and a shitload of tables. On the other side of the semi-dividing walls is a bunch of tables and electrical outlets, perfect to charge your laptop between classes, and get some quiet while eating, away from the noise and distractions that usually come with a cafeteria.

But now some idiots have decided to ignore the norm and start watching video clips on their computers on the quieter side. I'm trying to look over a few notes before class, yet there's Gumby and PiFuckio laughing away to Youtube, ignoring what I thought was a universally understood norm. Last week was Family Guy clips, today it was Nickelback concert clips and Mitch Hedberg stand up. They've gotta be the stupidest fuck giraffes in the dumb dumb salad.

I know I'm being a bit of a pussy by not saying anything and instead just ranting here, but I thought last week was an anomaly, and this week I was only in there for about 15 minutes before I left. I really hope they smarten up and don't do it again. I'll say something if I have to, but naturally I tend to shy away from confrontation.

Rave: Subtle Trailer Park Boys references.

17. swood

swood
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

18. ClaireV

ClaireV
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I'm in a horrible mood and would rather be anywhere else right now.

Semi-rave: Beer will make me better.

19. czattcla2

czattcla2
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rant: Fire alarm went of at about 5am this morning.

Rave: It was a result of this obnoxious neighbor of mine's car catching on fire. Nice car too, it was a BMW 6-series, and it is completely destroyed.

Rant: There are so many chemicals and plastics in the air, and I've developed a cough.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant?Rave?: My spending on groceries has decreased $20/month every month since I've started tracking (which is only in its fourth month, but still). I'm saving money, but that can't be healthy.