Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Decade old rant thanks to too much Gnarly Head old vine wine-

RANT: I'm an old school black metal fan. I got street cred with that shit thanks to access to public radio DJing back in the 90s.
    RANT: All the fucking douche bags who's parent stopped being shocked by Marilyn Manson jump shipped to black metal and killed the scene.
    RANT: I blame Cradle of Filth for the initial conversions, cause God damn it, you gotta mean it to be an old school black metal fan. None of those synths and fuckin' bitch vocals, talking Darkthrone.
    RAVE: Still can't help jamming out to COF. They are awesome.
    RANT: I had an INSANE collection of original import black metal albums I can't locate. Mother fuckin' cunt ex-wife strikes again.

2. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: My bartender buddy quit his job.

RAVE: Lots of free drinks during his last night of work. Maybe a dozen shots and 6 pints of beer for the remarkably low price of $2.99 I'm really going to miss that guy.

RAVE: The potential new girl showed up and I figured that was as good a time as any to subject her to really drunk MooseKnuckle. I didn't turn into a raging dickhead or anything, she was totally cool with getting hammered with me, and she even let me make out with her at the end of the night. Didn't have to tie her up or bust out the duct tape or anything this time!

3. slippingaway

slippingaway
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Finally got a refund of my deposit from the DJ that no-showed for my wedding.

Rant: My wedding was SEVEN MONTHS AGO. It took him seven months to refund my money.

Rant: He wrote "For canceled event" on the check, and thinks that is proof I canceled so he can get out of the complaints I've filed against him.

Rave: Literally everything he writes/says to defend himself makes him look like more and more of an idiot. He can't stop contradicting himself. It's actually gotten to be a lot of fun dealing with him, just so I can see what he comes up with next. A member of one of the sites he's trying to defend himself on put it best when he said "you could have written 'For wedding interrupted by space aliens' on the check, and you'd sound less crazy than you do now."

4. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE!!! Things are finally falling into place for my road trip home next month. My friend bought her ticket out here, and except for a night in Vegas and a stop somewhere between Flagstaff and Austin, we've got couches to sleep on and old friends to drink beers with all along the way. It might be totally roundabout, but we're leaving from the Bay, heading to Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Austin, New Orleans, Birmingham, Asheville, DC and ultimately Michigan. Fingers crossed I can fit everything I own in my car, and toes crossed that my pathetic little car makes it around the country in one piece.

5. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant-

Legendary metal pioneer (and one of the greatest vocalists I have ever heard) Ronnie James Dio died today at the age of 67. In addition to his success with his own band, he was also the best singer Black Sabbath had. Unlike many artists, RJD continued recording albums and performing well in tours right up until he was diagnosed with stomach cancer last summer.

Most importantly, by all accounts, he was a good, kind human being. Why did he, a clean-living, intelligent man have to die, while the greedy, mentally retarded, far less talented, hack Ozzie Osbourne (now suing former bandmate Tony Iomi!) is still alive?! Not even the metal music world is fair!

6. Evildreams

Evildreams
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Super Rant - Dio dies, poor guy, R.I.P. Dio. This news ruined my morning

#3966 Evildreams, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Massive Rave: Just got back from up north where me and a few other guys ran 142km as part of a wheelbarrow race for charity. An absolutely amazing weekend and although my legs hate me now it was well worth the pain. First time most of us had ever done anything like it and we ended up 11th overall and 2nd in the services category so it was an awesome effort.

Rant: Back to work tomorrow.

8. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I fucking hate living in an apartment complex. My motorcycle was found knocked on its side yet again this morning. Several of the people who live in my complex all park our bikes in the far corner so we don't take up spots people normally park cars in. I must have been the first one of us up this morning because there they all fucking lay. Nobody respects anyone else's property anymore.

9. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Double Rant: I ranted yesterday about the crazy hail storm we got, but I thought I had made it out relatively unscathed save for a few very minor dents in my car. I realized on the way to work that boy of my side view mirrors got busted. Fuck.

Deductible on my insurance is $500 so its not even worth making a claim. Damn Oklahoma weather.

10. PoppaBear

PoppaBear
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: I get to start running again as finals are over! going from running every day to none at all for 10 days made me feel like a fucking dirty slob.

RAVE: However the rest couldn't come at a better time. I needed it after three seasons of running to give my muscles, joints, ligaments, overall body time to rest and recuperate.

RAVE: But now I can run again! Nice 10 miler today on the trails is in store.

11. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Down 20 lbs

Rant: Nice job habs.

12. big B

big B
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT/RAVE?

I got picked for jury duty today, so this week should be interesting. Hopefully I don't have to take any personal time to get paid this week. The $12 a day just isn't gonna cut it.

13. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rant: Theres this gay guy in my class. Now the fact that he's gay doesn't bother me at all, power to him. Where he holsters his cock at night is none of my business. But why do the majority of gay people have a lisp? I don't get it? Does the cum being shot up his ass coat his voice box or his tongue and make them lisp? It's pretty fucking annoying when we're having a class discussion/debate and he chimes in with his loud obnoxious voice. And he's not subtle about being gay either, aside from bringing it up at every opportunity... Wow. Like right now as I'm typing this shit... he has a jumbo Mr. Freezy and the class (including the prof) has stopped to watch in awe because he's not eating it. He's fellating it. Full on blowing the shit out of it and im sure if he could, playing with Mr. Freezy's imaginary balls. What. The. Fuck.

Rant: He knows his shit... what?

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I hate losing. HATE IT.

The only thing I hate more is being used to bring down an incumbent suppliers price.

I have a scorched earth policy with potential customers that blatantly do this. I make it very clear that I'm not visiting their facility to "take a tour" or get some enjoyment from writing up a proposal like some sales guys get. I'm there to reduce your costs, increase production, and improve your manufacturing process. Be straight with me and I'll be fair with you.

When the production manager I was meeting with didn't want to take 10 minutes to have his floor level techs take a look at the demo control system I had I knew he was wasting my time.

Proven correct today when this asshole had the balls to cite that they were uncomfortable with introducing a new control system into their plant (which already has 7!!! different platforms). Mother fucker that's why I asked to the point of insistence that your guys take a look at it. Don't call me, I'll call you.

Rave: It was a very small order.

Rant: I need to (re)learn Spanish and quickly. There's a resurgence in expanding production facilities south of the border instead of in China. The forecast looks like an additional $5B in business that's related to what I do starting or moving down there over the course of the next two years. My reps down there are terrible and I haven't met a single qualified person I'd hire to be a direct sales manager there. I've been thinking about doing this for years but haven't done anything about it. Has anyone used Rosetta Stone successfully? I don't have the time for typical classes or tutors.

15. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Idiot Board Vote: Job interview on Wednesday. Keep the beard, or lose the beard?

16. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Idiot employee quit at lunch today with no notice, while I'm out during our busy season.

Rant Said idiot has the balls to ask me if he can come by and pickup his check as opposed to having it mailed to him because he's in "dire financial straits".

Rave I laughed wholeheartedly at this.

17. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Fucking EI finally got off their asses and paid me some money. It only took them 2 fucking months!

Rant: Not paying me for my trip to Honduras. Oh well, was not expecting that anyways.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Looks like the weather is going to cancel my friends boat trip to the Jimmy Buffet concert tonight. Say what you will about his music or fans but the boat party at his concerts are off the fucking hook. It's just titties covered in liquor.

19. Ferris

Ferris
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: 20 years are behind me already. Feels like fucking forever. Probably because I'm still young. Drinks tonight!

20. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Having a nice chat with my brother who is in Austria right now.

Rant: It makes me miss him.

Rave: He comes back in a month and a half!