Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave I made hot sauce today from scratch with a variety of jalapenos, habernos, and serranos.

Rave I used it to marinade some chicken and shrimp.

Rant Sweet fancy Moses this shit is hot. Guatemalan Insanity Pepper hot. I think I just saw Jesus. This is going to be a long night. See you on the other side...

2. Nirvana

Nirvana
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: God damn it. I had to have my jaw broken because of my fucked up teeth and jawline.

I feel really weak and drinking just liquids sucks so much ass; it's going to be a long 4-6 weeks.

Rant: The pain meds aren't even good! Fuck!

3. PeruvianSoup

PeruvianSoup
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Fuck my worthless piece of shit roommate for CONSTANTLY leaving to go home and giving me a giant "fuck you" of dirty dishes to take care of. No, I'm not the passive-aggressive shithead that would fume about this. I have constantly told this dumb fat fuck to clean up after himself. In fact, I reiterated the importance since we're all moving out anyway and the realtor needs to show the place. Why do I care with maybe 1.5 months left on the lease? Because I am utterly sick of having to pick up after his JAP ass like I'm his mother. That's in addition to basically raping/manhandling a friend of a friend who the friend had kindly set him up with in the first place. I cannot reiterate my disdain for this cocksucker.

Rave: I'm moving out

Rant: I didn't get my BJJ class in last Thursday thanks to studying for my tests so my aggression level is through the roof.

Rave: My parents can stand tall in knowing they raised me to be independent and not a fucking drain on others. Thanks Mom and Dad, for putting up with my bullshit for so many years.

Rave: My other roommate and his girlfriend had a question of who had more game, the JAP roommate or me. They decided it was the JAP because he brought home the above girl. I'll forever smirk knowing I've hooked up with more girls either discretely or by leaving the house than the fat fuck.

4. fishysticks

fishysticks
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT: husband failed to tell me his psycho mother and sister were coming into town until TODAY, just a few hours before their arrival. I could kill him for not giving me mental time to prepare not to cut them. asshole.

Rave: Same night I had planned a dinner party/playdate with my brother and his kid, so they were my super buffer. They kept me completely sane. I hope those assholes feel bad for harassing me for so long when I was so damn nice to them tonight. I should apply for sainthood.

5. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Let this be a warning to all of us.

Jägerette got a call while we were in LA from her sister in law informing her that her brother is in the hospital because he drank until his liver failed. At 37 years old. He was drinking a handle a day for months.

We drove 12 hours in the past 37 hours as we had to come back home.

Seriously people. Take care of yourselves. We like to brag about our drinking, but if you really have an issue, get help.

Please.

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: This weekend is just shitty. I walk out to my front yard this morning and someone has stolen my letterbox. It's gone, just ripped out of the ground, nowhere to be seen. Nobody else's in the street is touched, and it's a good street.

Cliche, but what the fuck? They're expensive bastards to replace too.

7. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant How to make a JJ Abrams' movie in 4 easy steps.

1) Create a lot of hype with teaser trailers for months or years, never delivering any content to justify the hype

2) Release the movie or tv show with even more hype and forshadowing. Throughout the movie, do the exact same thing you've been doing for the past year- promoting the monster/island secret/etc but never showing it. (Forshadowing is not a storyline) Perhaps make the "story" up as you're going along.

3) Have a completely underwhelming ending with too much cheesy CGI.

4) Repeat

8. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Packing. Why do I own so much stupid shit?
    How do you pack a goddamn lightsaber?

Rave: I just spent twenty minutes chasing my dog with a lightsaber.

9. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Tomorrow I book my trip to Atlanta.

RANT: I can't find a place to stay with friends or family. Looks like it's a hotel for me. This would be fine if money wasn't tight in the Pink household.

10. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Honeymoon, three days in Seattle bookending a cruise to Alaska. My job is to research hotels in the city and excursions for stops on the ship.

Rant: I have no clue where to start with Seattle. Never been there, not familiar with it at all. Any recommendations on cool places to stay? Preferably near the ship docks. (Price is obviously a factor, but one that can easily be overcome with an exceedingly cool place to stay.)

**edit** We're stopping in Skagway, Tuneau, Tracy Arm Fjord (I think that's like a glacier, actually), Victoria and Ketchikan. Any recommendations on excursions would also be greatly appreciated. I've done the sea plane thing to Taku Lodge at I think it was Skagway, and unfortunately the fiance is terrified of sea planes (I am too, but the fear is outweighed by the beauty). She has promised to let me do a fishing trip somewhere.

11. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fucking hail storm. I posted pictures of it in the drunk thread, but I just went out to check my car and found that I've got some nice big dents in my hood.

12. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: My little sister graduated high school today. I can't believe she's all grown up.

Rant: My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are broken down in Paducah, KY. So my husband and I are getting around to go pick them up/fix his truck. That would be an approximately 7 hour drive one way.

Rave: Since even if we left right now, drove like hell, and came straight back I wouldn't make it back at 4:30am in time for work, I'm taking a discretionary day tomorrow.

13. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: When it rains, it pours. I've gone from just fucking an old FWB that's been around for a while to having 4 prospects in the span of about a week. God damn do I ever love summer, and once I move out of this house, I'll be able to take advantage of this even better.

Rant: When you get drunk, shoring up your digital security is not a smart thing to do. To put it more generally, don't change the password to your laptop when you're so drunk you can barely stand. It will be so secure that even you can't get into it when you wake up in the morning and try to remember what you changed it to.

14. Marburg

Marburg
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

MEGA RAVE: - That's right you knuckle dragging bitches! I am finally a full fledged Medical Doctor. The skies will now part and women will openly fellate me on the streets when my title of Anesthesiologist reaches their ears..... and no you can't call me just Marburg, it's Dr. Marburg to all you slack jawed mouth breathers. Well maybe not all that.......... maybe I'll just get to wear pajamas to work every day and put people to sleep for a living.

Rant: Intern years starts in one month....... fuck me sideways it's going to suck being on call and actually being responsible for people....

Rave: I finally get a paycheck! Now I can buy neato things without having to use student loans!

Rant: It's only a Resident's salary........

15. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I hate this guy.
    [​IMG]

16. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: Goddammit. Why can't I just stick to my guns? Instead of telling her, "No, we need to be broken up. This isn't right for me," I have to go and fucking agree to a "break" which we'll revisit in 2 weeks. I know nothing's going to goddamn change in 2 weeks, so why did I agree to it? Arrrrgh.

17. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: Back from the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. This trip was the greatest thing I have done in college. Had beers with my professors, got out of cell-phone range, froze in the rain, canoed in whitecaps, and will definitely go back.

18. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Sorry for two posts in one day but it has been one hell of a day.

Rave: My sister had an emergency c-section this evening and I am an aunt!!! Baby Taylor weighs 2 lbs 13 oz and is doing relatively well for being born 6 weeks early. She's under observation right now and they're still trying to decide if she needs to be sent to Children's Mercy or if they've got it covered where she is. My sister is also doing well.

Rant: I'm not even halfway to KY yet so I won't get to see my sister or new niece until tomorrow when I get back. So as soon as I get home tomorrow I get to jump in the shower, pick up my other sister, and head to Fort Scott or Kansas City to meet my niece and check on my other sister.

19. TPapp

TPapp
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: Low-sided at 120 mph in turn 9 at Willow Springs leading my first race of the day so instead of dipping in to the 1:27's lap times and winning both races I broke my collar bone which is also my first break ever, and it only took 27 years.

20. IAmWillIAm

IAmWillIAm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: I work as a rickshaw driver in San Francisco. I worked the Bay to Breakers run on Sunday, and all I've got to say is fuck you, San Francisco. Yes I made a bit of money, but the entire time I had drunks jumping on my rickshaw, yanking on my canopy (It's broken now, thanks, douches), hitting my rickshaw, and all around being hugantic retards.

Rave: My last ride of the day involved this going on in the back of my rickshaw (Beware, I have no idea how to resize images, so some scrolling may be required)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, I realize they are some dirty skanks, but that didn't change the fact that it was awesome riding down from 11th and Market to the Ferry Building with that going on in my back seat. The looks on people's faces were priceless.

ETA: Yes, I did have their permission to take these photos.

ETAX2: Also, Dicks. Lots and lots of dicks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, you guys were really chill, thanks for the $60 tip.
    [​IMG]