Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Pancakes+Peanut Butter+Syrup=Orgasm. Good thing I'm working out today.

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am sitting in the Charlotte airport at 11:30am drinking a beer. Since Im on vacation this does not make me a degenerate.

I'm heading to Cancun for the weekend, then on to Vegas to gamble for the week!

Rave: I've been upgraded to first class the whole way! God bless having airline status.

Rant: Nothing.

3. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: I was cutting my hair last night, and my clippers broke when I was about halfway done. So, being that I was a bottle of wine down, I asked my wife to come in and shave my head. It feels awesome, and I really like how it looks. Think I might keep it.

4. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Just signed up for the Jailbreak. Basically, a Warrior Dash deja vu.

Rant: The thought of training for this over summer scares me.

5. big B

big B
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT

Having a tough time with the new girl. We are doing the long distance thing (she lives about an hour or so away) and everything is good when we see each other on the weekends and talk on the phone, but she'll hit me out of nowhere with an email for facebook chat to the tune of:
    "why dont you pay more attention to me?" or "you don't compliment me enough" or some other such shit. It's freaking childish to me. If any girls on here knows what this means, I'm all ears.
    Otherwise her comments just serve to piss me off. I'm a good dude and I treat her right.
    This is bs.

6. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: A month of busting my ass working construction.

RAVE!!: After this month I get to start my job as a weight lifting director for an entire overnight camp! This means bumming around all day every day in a weight room occasionally ordering kids around and making a shitload of money. God bless everyone on the old lifting board who learned me the stuff that got me hired for my dream job.

7. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant:. My cable company doesn't have any idea why the cable is out.
    "You try turn em on? You try turn em off? Try wait...
    Da computer no say nothing.
    You try turn em on?"

It's a good thing that I can't reach through a phone line.
    I'm amazed that there aren't more stories of people completely losing their shit on stupid people. Just walking into a business with a flamethrower kind of stories.
    I know that it's just a television but, is it too much to ask that people speak fucking English?
    Suppose so.

Rave: Watching 'Inglorious Basterds'
    I'm paying particular attention to the form the Bear Jew is using with his bat.

8. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: I put $20 in my pocket this morning as I was running out the door, and now it's gone. Either the money fell out, or one of my coworkers has perfected their pick-pocketing skills. Motherfucker.

9. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Having a great time on leave right now. I'm visiting some friends in Corpus until tomorrow and we might be going to a Carrie Underwood concert tonight. Should be a grand ol' time.

Rave: Went kayaking around the waterways here and 'broke' into my friends house when him and the woman were gone. We ever so slightly rearranged the furniture so they would notice and flip out. They got home and caught us as we were pulling away on the kayak, so plan failed. Would have been a hilarious series of events if they didn't catch us.

Rant: It's been over two weeks since I've seen the little girl, and I miss her.

Rave: Headed back to Pensacola Saturday or Sunday.

Rave: Going to check out a potential bike to buy on Tuesday. Hooray!

Rave: Might be headed back out here next weekend for my buddies birthday (the same one from above) with the girlie, but we'll see. It's a long ass drive.

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: I've been sick as a fucking dog since Monday. This coincided with my hardest final exam and a visit to my top grad school pick. I am pissed at my body. I have a sinus and upper res. infection. I want to kill someone.

Rant: No make-up policy on my Monday final exam. I made a 71 on it with snot coming out of every orafice the entire exam. This is the class that I worked my ass off in, and before getting sick I had a 93 in the class. Goodbye, A. Hello, drop in science GPA.

That's it. Fuck you, bacteria. You dirty cunt.

11. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I haven't slept in 2 days and I have 24 hours left to finish this motherfucking project. I am so fucked.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: So, yesterday was a great day.

My work life and hobby came together, and as a result, Need For Speed World Online (the game I work on) spent the day at the track with the race team I manage... Bullet Racing.

They brought out a professional video crew while we hosted a track day, and one of our game Producers started to draw comparisons between the virtual racing (he tunes the physics engine), and the real world of racing and track driving.

They're going to be releasing a bunch of the video over the next little while.

RANT:The only shitty part is that some family issues meant I didn't get to be there for it.

13. McCann

McCann
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant Fuck you college exams, fuck you. Not only have I the most exams in the entire college (11), but they're spaced out over 3 fucking weeks so I have to endure 2 more weeks of this crap while most of my friends have begun their summer.

Rave Going out tomorrow night, with the lads for the first time in ages. It could be an epic occasion filled with debauchery and young men behaving badly

Rant Considering I have to be in a somewhat respectable state the next morning for a Communion, I can't go balls deep and get batshit insane drunk. Always puts a dampener on the evening when you have limitations like that

Rave Get to spend the Communion with the gf. Really tricky to find time for each other when we're both studying hard so it's kinda cool to have the whole day together, albeit hungover

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Found $20 on the sidewalk this morning.

15. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rant: Covered in paint.

Rant x2: The paint is covered in a layer of saw dust.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My sister just told me that my mom is at a sex toy party. I'm going to be physically ill.

17. Suttree

Suttree
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Got bored today, decided to check out that site "Omegle,' the video chat that pairs you with random strangers.

Rant: Lots of dudes jerking off. Fucking disgusting.

CRAZY RAVE: Came across a sexy 20 yr old girl on video-chat that goes to college at NYU smoking a bong. We got to talking about weed, music (she loves Floyd), books (big Bukowski fan) and had a good conversation going. She was sexy so I said what the hell and starting hitting on her. She got naked- awesome body. Her "fuck buddy" came by unexpectedly, she hid the camera, FUCKED HIM ON CAMERA AND SENT HIM AWAY, came back and smoked another bong while she told me what a shitty lay he was and then got herself off on camera with a glass dildo while she ordered a pizza. She then informed me she had an excellent weed and shrooms hookups and invited me to come visit, so we can get high and spend all weekend fucking.

This girl is obviously bat shit insane, but also ridiculously interesting as well as good looking. I'm shocked to actually find myself considering making the trip ( NYC isn't that far away, and my summer vacation starts this week.) This is probably a very bad idea, but I found myself asking, "what would Bukowski do?"

18. PeruvianSoup

PeruvianSoup
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant:

I am nearly in wall-punching fury over how the program director chose teaching assistants for next year. The big deal is that for each quarter taught, tuition is covered. To begin, let's start with the fact that the people taking course work got the positions over people who are doing research. Let me put it another way. Some people are going to college for free and even get spending money to take more lectures. Those adding something to society in the form of research get screwed over. Almost every research student is out of a TA position.

Now, don't get me wrong, some people are clearly qualified and are great choices. However, at least half of the chosen TA's I know about are either condescending argumentative bastards or are so inept at explaining that you might confuse their ass for their mouth. Seriously, seeing the course director choose people who needle and nag him over petty shit like test time while gainsaying the current TA's and other students to inflate their pathetic little egos makes me wonder how valid the program is.

This wouldn't even be a concern to me had it not been for the fact that my best friend in this Hellhole got a rejection letter... several days after other students got their letters. In fact, up until this point, she has been in the upper-middle part of the pack and has even saved my ass a few times through tutoring. I know she'd be a great TA but instead some antagonizing prick will be teaching the first years. So, she had been led on and now has no money to complete the second year of research (loan issues). I can't explain how he appointed those he did and to be honest, I know he'll be getting complaints in a year's time about the grab-bag quality of the TAs.

I have no idea what to do and would love some suggestions. At this point, I'm just trying to comfort my friend. If I sound bitter, it's because I'm pissed at how things turned out. Trust me, you would be too upon meeting these people.

Rave: Dropped a shit ton of weight and feel ready to tackle on more.
    Rave/Rant: I'd finish this one, but I don't need this one rave and rant being used against me </paranoia>

Had to get that off of my chest.

19. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant I was waiting to have my meat sliced at Publix's deli section tonight while the new girl was getting trained at the end of the line.

I learned you're supposed to wipe down the slicer after cutting Liverwurst.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rave

My little girl took her first steps just now. Not "one-two-boom" she hits floor, but she took EIGHT FUCKING STEPS before bailing, without ever trying before. I think she may be a freak of nature.