Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Ran into an ex. I still have very deep feelings for. Only reason it did not work out before is because my own behavior and stupidity. And based on her appearance, she has overcome her anorexia and has put on about 20 pounds. She is stunningly gorgeous again and I can not get her out of my head.

Rant Got the big boot at work on Friday. Laid off. No warning and I have nothing lined up.

Rave Busch Light and Jack Daniels never lead me astray.

2. lyle

lyle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Halloween brings out the best of the sluttyness of girls... It was like I died and went to Slutty zombie heaven in work tonight....

until....

Rant it turned into quite possibly one of the most consistently stressful and manic shifts I've had and ever will. Understaffed (3-4 bar staff working on two bars on two floors), over crowded to the point where it was physically impossible to move without shoving people out of the way. My boss spent the entire shift stood outside doing nothing leaving me responsible for both bars. Even though at the time I was sweating buckets, rushed off my feet, barely had a moment to think and spent most of the night running up and down 3 flights of stairs getting stock and change for the tills and making sure everything was going as well as it could.
    then it came to cashing up and the safe was down £80... and I was the only person who had access to it the entire night.
    Suffice to say I was shitting it, going through every single time I accessed it to get change, trying to think where the £80 could have gone.
    So rather than a relatively early 5am finish, we had to spend a further hour counting and recounting both tills to find the discrepancy. With each minute that passed I grew increasingly anxious and frustrated. I was 99.999% certain that I did not make a mistake, going to the extent of showing my boss the contents of my wallet and pockets to show that I didn't steal it, profusely apologising to the rest of the staff who had to stay behind because of my fuck up.. Offering to take it out of my wages because it could have only been me who had made a mistake since nobody else touched the safe that evening..

Until my absolute fuck tard of a boss realised that he hadn't taken into account £80 that was taken from the previous night...

Did I get a (sincere) apology?.. did I fuck.

Rave Xanax...

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Don't take me for a racist for this post. There are plenty of other posts you can do that with. This is a legitimate rant.

I was down at my nephew's place, and took them trick or treating. They live in a slightly less Mexican area than Jägerette and I. However I have seen nothing like the way the hispanic adults acted. They were trick or treating too. Their kids would come to the door, and get candy in their pumpkin buckets. Then the parent would stick their candy bucket in front of you demanding their candy.

One parent, after giving her kids candy from the bowl, stuck her hand in the candy dish and helped herself to candy. I had never seen anything like it, and I was ashamed for them, grown ups taking candy from strangers.

Rave: For the first time in living here, someone has somehow turned off all the street lights nearby and all the ambient lights have been turned off. I have never seen the apartment so dark. I love it.

4. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Fuck you Alzheimer's. Not only do you suddenly ruin the life of a great man, but you take away the retirement savings of him and his wife, just as they are about to enjoy what they've been saving up for for the last 50 years. And fuck you cancer for keeping the wife in the hospital while we help her husband transfer to the nursing home. Diseases suck ass and I want to kill everybody right now.

RAVE: At least my family has a great sense of humor and can make light hearted jokes about my senile grandpa while simultaneously avoiding any emotional discussion about the issue.

DAD: I've spent the last 2 nights with dad and haven't slept much since I'm scared that he'll wander off. I'm so tired.
    Uncle: That's easy, I'll just switch spots with you tonight. You can leave and I'll just pretend to be you. It's not like he'll notice the difference.
    Dad: Ok, but remember, he's convinced he is in a hotel and the construction crew is coming tomorrow morning to rebuild the bathroom that was somehow destroyed yesterday.

RANT: Cried for the first time in years tonight. I'm not a fan of the tears, but when someone you love doesn't even recognize you (or even know where the fuck they are(, it takes its toll on your emotions. All apologies for being a little bitch about this, but for some odd reason typing it out feels good.

RAVE: As always, a case of beer helps numb the pain. Yay for being drunk.

RANt" worst halloween ever

RAVE: At least I don't look like the guy in my avatar

5. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I think I did it. 2 hours of drunk sex in the car later, I think I made progress. Epic win.

6. Spacesatan

Spacesatan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: Philosophy paper due Monday.

Rant: Haven't been to lecture yet.

Rave: Ethics is easy.

7. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've lived here for three Halloweens, but last night was the first one I've stayed home at the house to hand out candy. While picking up booze / snacks for the few friends coming over last night I figured I had better play it safe and stock up on a fair amount of candy for whatever kids might be coming by. The bags didn't look all that large, so I grabbed three Halloween Give Away sized bags of Reece's and Good Bars, which actually turned out to be nearly nine pounds of candy.

Rant: I only had five trick or treaters.

8. epsilon

epsilon
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Had a great time yesterday. We invited some people over and we had a mexican themed party.
    Rant: 15 beers and 8 homemade tacos didn't mix too well in my stomach. Now my toilet looks like a fucking war zone. The smell was so bad it made me vomit.
    Rant: I have to work in 3 hours. Today is going to be a long day.

9. LindseyBluth

LindseyBluth
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: My best friend got a DUI and public intox last night and is still in jail. She lives in Indianapolis, so it's not like there's much I can do to help her. She never drinks and drives, so I don't know what she was thinking last night. The worst part is that she's already sort of depressed/suicidal sometimes, and this will certainly cause a downward spiral in her mental health. I wish we lived closer so I could help her.

Rave?: I was a little bummed that I spent the night at home last night after trick or treating with my daughter, but today I'm full of energy and not hungover, so I'm not regretting it.

10. Stimpson J Cat

Stimpson J Cat
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave Halloween party went great last night, probably the best party we've thrown since the first week of school.

Rant Someone decided that dumping an entire bag of chocolate chips onto the floor of my kitchen seemed like a good idea. Stepping all over them so that they're smashed into the linoleum also apparently sounded attractive.

Rave Got some last night.

Rant My team's dry season starts today. No more drinking until the second week of December. We still have two cases of beer left over from last night, and they are completely off limits. This is going to be a long month.

11. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Phenomenal Halloween party last night. A thousand people (what seemed like) with lots of alcohol, a DJ & fog machines - All crammed into a little haunted house.

Rant: Lost my phone, twice. Then broke it.

Hungover to no fucking degree, with zero remorse.

12. ClaireV

ClaireV
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Passed the goddamn exam. Licensed Paralegal at the age of 19. Cool.

Rave: Thanks to last nights slutty-angel costume, I woke up in someone elses bed.

Double-Rave: Guy in alcohol induced sleep = easy for me to sneak out without him knowing. All around great weekend.

13. Roundhouse

Roundhouse
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Our pathetic excuse of a manager (responsible for driving our department into the ground, all the while convincing herself she is fantastic at the job, despite what the figures say) has relieved us of her presence for a week. On top of that, she may be asked not to return depending on the outcome of an investigation into her performance that is currently underway. What a blissful week at work it will be, and no doubt, our department will perform spectacularly well this week now that the harpy will no longer be around instructing us to carry out actions against company policy, health and safety laws, and plain common sense.

Rant: I still have to get up at five in the morning if I intend to be at work on time for seven.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Because of my sweet financial and driving situations I was not able to attend any sort of cool slutty angel filled Halloween party last night. I would have been happy to just go out and chill with friends but I was not able to find a ride downtown. I watched The Shining instead. While a great movie the night sucked big time. This whole bum situation Im in needs to change. The neighborhood kids put on a pathetic showing as far as trick or treating goes. We didn't get a single kid for the first half hour and we didn't even finish handing out candy from the first of two medium sized bowls. When I was young I would have collected ten times that amount. But I did get to eat a tone of candy after wards.

15. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: I managed to make a costume in 15 minutes. I tore up some old jeans, a flannel shirt, and used a rope for a belt. Add a stocking cap and three 40oz of Olde English in paper bags and I was a homeless guy.

16. Croftie

Croftie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave- Lost my virginity last night to a girl dressed like a Cougar(the person, not the animal). Finally, finally, finally.
    Rant- To a fairly close friend. Here's to awkward lunches, conversations, and hanging out from now on. Yay alcohol.

17. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heck, I thought you were gonna say you went as ToyToy88.

18. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I fired up my new cinema room for the first time last night. My beer fridge gently hummed as my 120" illuminated a room vibrating like a lonely girls vagina to the growling beat of my 160w sub.

A 10 year long desire accomplished and 5 months of work justified. I’ll post pictures soon.

19. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: So this guy in my Faulkner class FINALLY asked me out. Over drinks he told me he was attracted to my best friend, who of course, is gay. I am seriously contemplating becoming a nun. Why is it I am a magnet for married or in-the-closet-homosexual men? (And you can spare me the "You look like an alien" or other juvenile comments.)

Rave: The semester will be over in a month and a week and I won't have to see the guy anymore.

20. Moondance

Moondance
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

RAVE My Max costume for last night was a success! Well worth all the hours it took to sew the hood by hand.

RAVE It's November! Ton of concerts planned and I'm going home to California for Thanksgiving. It'll be good to be back for a few days.