Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Brengsek

Brengsek
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Where David Hasselhoff is remembered for music, no
    Rave In shocking news, right along with Ricky Martin telling everyone he's gay, the catholic church finds itself in a media-shitstorm of child molesting scandals. Germany, Ireland, the US, Switzerland... As a counter measure, the Swiss catholics decide to launch a media campaign of their own to promote the catholic church. The slogan? "More good news"

Zome jokez just write zemzelfes...

2. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: Haha, Massage Envy, you are feeling my wrath. Seriously, I work customer service. I am the best consumer you can ask for. But do not fuck with me. I will call all of your corporate lines, I will be the most annoying person you can imagine. But if you give me what I want I will happily pay.

Too bad it is my day off, and I have nothing better to do than smoke, drink and bother you. Hooray!

3. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rantage: My fucking body is turning against me. I overstretched a nerve in my back and my neck has been hurting for 2 days now...like pain radiating into my bicep tendon pain. I don't know if the back/nerve thing is coincidental or not. I can hardly turn my head and I have a constant headache. And we're too slammed at work for anyone to work on it. FUCK!

4. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Got a 10% raise. Take that, crappy economy!

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I just got approval to take half a day off and not go to open day!

Rant: I'll be in DC that day which means I have to watch the Nationals.

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:So the perfect position opened up for me at my company. I have experience in doing it, it pays more, and I have been itching to move up higher, and I am without question the hardest working person in my department.

Last week I was out three days for my grandmother's funeral. The first day was clearly a day off for bereavement leave, and then on Tuesday, in the middle of the service I realized that "oh shit, I forgot to let them know I was going to be off that day officially, although the "Tuesday Funeral" I had mentioned should have clued them into it.

So I called after the reception, was only able to get a machine, left a message, and told them that I wasn't going to be back until Thursday.

So Thursday I get back in, and apparently when I didn't come in on Monday, clearly the third day of Bereavement leave they wanted to write me up on job abandonment. I got written up, and was called in today about the position. Apparently I am not eligible for the position as I am "not in good standing" due to the write up.

Never mind the fact that I have gone above and beyond for the past 2 years, earning note of lots of people. Nope. Not eligible because of stupid company policies.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is more of a rant but it's hard to consider "life isn't fair" a legitimate rant.

So I started watching Mad Men and like most men grew a huge boner every time Christina Hendricks appeared on screen. So I googled her today only to find out she is now fucking married to the mushroom tripping stoner from fucking Super Troopers. Fuck me running.

She is married:

[​IMG]

to: CANDY BAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSS!

[​IMG]

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Having classes outside.

Rave: Sundresses are back.

Rant: Due to the amazing weather, practically everyone will be out tonight. Me? I'll be in the library, studying for a managerial accounting exam tomorrow. Fuck accounting.

Rave: My girlfriend is majoring in accounting and has a special interest in tax accounting (and is interning at an accounting firm doing tax returns now), and has volunteered to help with my business' taxes.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rave: My baby cousin showed up at my door today with a bucket and sponge and announced that she was here to wash my truck. She didn't want anything, she just wanted to do something nice for me. How awesome is that?

[​IMG]

Then I saw the hickeys on her neck that she'd tried to hide with make up and gave her a ration of good natured shit. I don't like that my baby girl is growing up, but it's inevitable and as long as no one hurts her, it's all good. One motherfucker crosses the line though and I will teach him the true meaning of pain.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rant

When my daughter was in NICU for her first three months, my wife and I made friends with a few of the couples that were watching over their premature babies in the ward. One of those babies, Chelsea, has lived through Hell since she was born. She was born at barely over a pound and was on oxygen for nearly 7 months, lost most of her sight and had many terrible things happen to her. After fighting for her life for 18 months, she recently had a blood infection, went back to the hospital and was put on life support. Now this poor little thing probably only has hours left after fighting for her life since she was born. This shit just isn't fair. Life fucking SUCKS.

11. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave:

Promoted today. Effective this past Monday.

I have no doubled what I started making when the company hired me in January 2008.

Also, I enjoy messing with stupid people. My company started this incredibly stupid little website to give people working in Senior Business (Medicare) in the company a way to relax a little. Posted things like crossword puzzles and word games. Of course, it's company-ran so it's all politically correct and lame, but I found out the exec in charge of Senior Business is hotter than sin and I can basically talk to her anytime I want.

Anyway, one of the features on the website is a messageboard, not unlike this one, but people post threads with new ways of sucking up to the execs and being lame. One of the threads I found today was "what makes you go to work in the morning." Most of the people posted inane drivel like "seeing the smiles on my coworkers' faces every morning and knowing their cheery attitudes will motivate me through my days lolz".

I posted "moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney", and made it anonymous. I posted it from my friend's house after work, so good luck tracing it to my work account (the website allows guest profiles). Predictably, the topic went apeshit after that. Filled with parasites who dangle from the nutsacks of the execs, saying shit like "I CANT BELIEEV THERE IS STILL PEEOPLE LIKE U WORKING HERE, WERE SUPPOSED TO CARE ABOUT OUR MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

12. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant So here's the deal, we gotta defunct dryer in our house that sucks ass and takes three, sometimes four cycles to completely dry. If you put your clothes in and come back at the end of the day, you're looking at damp clothes. Everyone knows this, no big deal. So tell me why, why, WHY the fuck is it MY FAULT when you ran it ONCE, LEFT for work, came home and bitched that no one finished them for you? WHY? TELL ME, WHY? Why the hell are you crafting angry emails to all of us (and by that I mean "me") complaining about my "lack of courtesy" because I had to leave for work in the afternoon, threw my own load in beforehand, and left your damp clothes that you failed to dry all the way on top of the washer? This is seriously warranting a dramatic email exchange between all of us? SERIOUSLY?

I tried telling you, in one email so this goddamned thing wouldn't escalate, all of this in much, much nicer terms than what I've written here. I tried saying that I wouldn't expect your schedule to revolve around my laundry, why the hell should mine revolve around yours? I tried telling you that the fact of the matter is we have a shitty dryer that does this and you shouldn't blow up when people didn't take the time to run it a little longer for you if you can't dry it all the way yourself. I even said - SAID, because it's TRUE - that I've done this IN THE PAST. I'VE FUCKING GONE OUT OF MY WAY TO DRY THIS SHIT FOR YOU A BUNCH ALREADY, AND NOW WHAT? YOU WANT TO WHINE BECAUSE I DIDN'T DO IT HERE?

And you write me AGAIN an even LONGER email about courtesy? FUCKING COURTESY!?!

Fuck California. Why you couldn't have just stayed in Los Angeles instead of coming here to DC, I'll never know. Fuck is this pissing me off.

GOD. The more I think about it, the more it fucking pisses me off. I haven't been home the same time as them for the last two days, and I'm heading home now. How fun is this going to be? Jesus Christ almighty...

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And I got a 20% pay cut. Between the two of us we're still down 10%.

Focus?: I wish I could. After the hitting the "View new posts" link, I spent several minutes wondering why no one had posted since Wednesday. Since I thought this was Thursday.

Maybe I'll go to bed now.

14. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Got pulled over today and the cops ran the K9 by my car and he flagged it.

Rave: I had nothing in the car, so all that happened was I wasted 30 minutes of my day. Shit was nerve-wracking though.

Rant: Feelings. I am sick of them. Someone sign me up for those pills that make them go away.

15. gfh

gfh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: New national physical fitness standard. 8 minutes of single person CPR. My lower back hurt and my wrists hurt before I even started.

16. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Monster Rave: Its bender time for me. Easter long weekend, knocked off at lunch today, free drinks tonight, bucks party on saturday and I go to Perth for work on Tuesday. Its only a few hours until I unleash the drunken ranga monster on poor little Townsville.

17. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE:I will also be getting wasted tonight

18. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Holy fucking shit, I had a threesome last night and I'm still not entirely sure how I managed to pull it off. One minute I'm at the pub, the next I'm back in a hotel room with two dam beautiful girls.

Rant: One of them sucked like a dead fish. Also knowing my luck that is everything that will go well for this year.

Rave: But screw it I had a threesome, nothing else currently matters.

19. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT many of my dear idiot board friends know that I have been trying with my wife to get pregnant. We finally did and then we had a miscarriage. Not only did I feel terrible but I also felt stupid. Why was I so positive that everything would be fine? Not only that I feel like my wife is handling it better than me, which also makes me feel awful because I feel like I'm not giving her the support she deserves.

It's crazy, our generation has made fertility clinics mobbed with couples, and everyone an expert on conceiving. I can't believe how many of my buddies know what Clo-Mid is, and about irregular periods and ovulation schedules. Of course it is also our generation that generally starts late, (I'm 34 and my wife is 30) and we also have no patience. Pretty much we go to the Doctor and say we have been trying for two months with no success, we want the child NOW.

I always thought that once we get pregnant it would be easier, now I realize you get more nervous that way!!!

RAVE After you have had a miscarriage your chances of having another one generally get way less. (Supposedly) Also it's a gorgeous day, finally!!! And I'm sure their are people out there with allot worst problems than me......................

20. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: I'm a pretty big supporter and purchaser of Apple products. But I absolutely love that CBS and ABC have given them a big fuck you today. Apple tries to drive their TV episodes down to $1, CBS and ABC just announce iPad apps that will have ad supported TV shows. Boom. Apple makes $100 off their developer subscription instead of 30% of every show they sell. This pile of shit device is actually starting to look better. The big love affair the media has decided to have with it has actually turned it into something pretty awesome. Time will tell.

Rant: Assignment due at 4 or 5, have no idea, don't really care. Just trying to wrap my head around the fucking concepts and simply cannot be bothered. It's nice outside and I'm sitting next to the fucking windows in the library trying to use stupid ass calculations and shit to do something we were taught how to do with a computer. You know, in case you need to count the tumors in someone's head but computers aren't around anymore.... oh wait, that will never happen. Fuck learning old medical techniques.