Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Another awesome date involving wearing pajamas and no make-up and my bed. I'm on a motherfucking great date streak.

2. jrczj

jrczj
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: My roommate pisses me off to an extent I never knew was possible. All he does is play Call of Duty, eat my food, use dishes and not wash them, etc. Never once has he helped clean the apartment, or even so much as taken the trash out. Today I came home from work and he was parked in the garage that I PAY extra for. If that wasn't enough when I came inside he was sitting in my spot on the couch (OK maybe I'm a little territorial, fuck off. I own the couch too), and had decided to hook is ps3 up to my TV. All I wanted to do is come home and watch a movie, but instead I get to watch COD footage all night. "I'm on a killstreak bro, I'll move it back to the other room in a little bit."

Rave: Tomorrow I'm going to tell him he needs to find somewhere else to live. It will be so good to have the place to myself again.

3. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: I'm getting my hair cut in about an hour. I've been trying to decide if I want to cut it or keep growing it for the last few months and now that it's warm out I've decided to take the plunge. I'm not talking crazy short here, but it will be a little above shoulder length which will take off a good four or five inches. I think I look better with shorter hair and mostly it just annoys me now, but I've let it grow for over a year now and I'll be kind of sad to see it go. Of course, it's easier to style when it's shorter so I usually actually do something with it when it's that length.

Hopefully my next post won't be a rant about how I hate it.

4. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: I sit in class after class listening to dickbags talk out of their assholes about nothing that matters. All I can think about is saying "fuck it" loading up my car with beer, and driving. Where to? Anywhere but here. Never again would I take a reading quiz over a 100 page excerpt that I didn't read because I didn't care enough to buy the fucking book. How is it possible to be a gunner? Why do you care about this subject matter? I can only assume you have no job, friends, or hobbies. We are in a fucking sociology class, this shit is literally all made up. "blah blah blah cultural identity" "What do you think about interracial marriage bourbondown?" "I DONT CARE MARRY WHOEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT BLACK WHITE OR PURPLE" I swear to God if I don't fucking graduate soon I'm going to have a fucking stroke.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant: One of my cousins fell and broke her leg. While in the emergency room, she died. Just up and died. They were able to bring her back, Thank God.

Truthfully I've never met this cousin and normally I could give two shits, but this woman is my baby cousin's mother who she hasn't seen in years. When my baby girl is upset, I'm upset.

Secondly, my aged aunt who I've grown quite fond of has not been doing well lately (She got out of the hospital just a couple of weeks ago herself,) and this news has sent her right back to bed.

They've got my cousin in an induced coma right now, but my aunt is talking about driving down to get her when she's ready to be released. She's in no health to be doing that, so I may just end up having to drive down to Florida in the next week or so. Ugh.

6. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: You know the feeling in the pit of your stomach you get when you realize that you somehow did something very terrible without meaning to? Apparently Nutella, peanut butter, Ambien, and bubpropion don't mix. And it's only 4PM, so that's a waste of an Ambien.

RANT: Wasted ambien means one less night of easy sleep.

7. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: BAYERN MUNICH : Man. United ... 2-1

Fuck Wayne Rooney .

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Fuck! I knew better then to do this, but I did it anyways.

Not only did I download and run Windows7 update advisor, an upgrade to 3.6.2 of Firefox and a bootleg game, but I downloaded a bunch of books from torrents. My security is going nuts and my computer is running like shit. The poor damn thing is 4 years old and I swore when I built it that it would be my last computer.

Now I'm going to have to drop it into safe mode and spend a few hours cleaning shit up and fucking around in the registry. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

9. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave Waiting in line at the bank today, this roughly 10 year old was talking to his mom with the worst lisp I've ever heard.

"Mom, how long will thith take?"

"Mom, what'th for thupper?"

"Thuper thservicth at thith placeth"

Ok, the last one I made up. After a few minutes of this, I was seriously cracking up. The mom and the kid looked at me, but I didn't care.

It's been a rough couple weeks and if it takes a little kid with a soft pallate to brighten my day, so be it.

You gotta enjoy the little things.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Jesus, was that a Goddamn headache. I'm to old to be dicking around with registry keys. My baby cousin stopped by to use my computer and I had to tell her..."Uhhh sorry, it's down for maintenance." So she then proceeded to tell me the story of the first concert she ever went to a few weeks ago.

I really didn't need to hear that shit. It's cool that she trusts me with all this personal information and all, but sometimes I wish she'd just keep quiet so I don't up shooting some teenage boy for doing what teenage boys do.

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave Only someone who enjoys winters below zero in a wind tunnel could appreciate this.

Stay classy Chicago.

Attached Files:

12. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

HUGE RAVE

My cousins have written a book, and it has been published. The Draconian is a fantasy novel, the first in a trilogy, and it goes on sale tonight via amazon.com and the book's website (which should go live sometime this evening). After the debut, they embark on a round-the-world trip to promote it.

They're awesome, I'm so proud of them, and anyone who likes Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings should check out this book.

13. Brevin

Brevin
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RANT: My fucking boss is a wanker. Has started taking credit for my work, and is now refusing to reimburse me for my heavy transport licence leaving me a grand out of pocket. Time for a new fucking job, pitty this one pays so well.

14. Obviously5Believer

Obviously5Believer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: My girlfriends stinky fat roommate is moving out at the beginning of summer! Because she failed a lot of class and had to transfer from state school to a community college! And she's changing her major from advertising to fucking computer forensics. So I'm taking over the remaining 3 months of the lease and we don't have to see her fugly face ever again.

I'm generally an easy going guy and pretty tolerant of character flaws in good people. Christ knows I got plenty. She's not a good person though. She's ugly, stupid, mean, selfish, a filthy fucking pig, and a disgustingly unhealthy person. I have never seen a person eat fried, microwaved, frozen, or fast food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day of their lives. Bitch doesn't know how to cook shit except bacon and brownies. How can you live like that? How do you not feel sick and greasy and ashamed of yourself for eating like that? Fat people must have fucking grease-lined iron stomachs because I would be having fucking anal leakage if I ingested as much processed food as she does.

But in summary, a person who is a downer in every sense of the word and has no positive effect on my life whatsoever will shortly be out of it forever.

15. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Fuck Vyvanse and this damn ADHD! I had suspected ADD/ADHD for some time (they didn't have this formal diagnosis in my formative years) and after a psychological assessments class last semester, decided to go through a whole battery of pysch tests to see what's what in the belfry. Sure enough, I get a diagnosis of ADHD and the neuropsychologist sends the report to my psychiatrist, I meet with him, and we agree on Vyvanse for treatment as my daughter is making good progress on it. Well, I had a test today on material I am intimately familiar with and could not focus, concentrate, organize my thoughts. Luckily, the professor is the same one who taught my Drugs & Alcohol class and as we approached the time limit, he asked, "Did I make it that bad?" So I told him how I just started the Vyvanse last week, knew the answers, but couldn't organize them. He said to pack up and meet him in his office.
    RAVE: Prof was very cool and understanding. Told me to just relax and take all the time I needed. I had most of it done, but I had written and erased the answer to one of the two major essay questions 4 times already and was lacking some detail on a few of the shorter essays. When I turned it in he asked how it went. I told him I didn't think my answers accurately reflect my knowledge of the subject matter but it was the best I could do given the circumstances. He said not to worry about it, let him read it and we could address any "damage control" if we needed to. I don't think I bombed it, but I can't help but believe that I would have sailed through it without the speed. Fuck it. I'm switching back to full caffeine coffee. On a positive note, the drug did keep me in a positive mood while I was on it. Not euphoric, just feeling good.

Another test Thursday night. We'll do this one without the aid of the pill

16. DrunkBilliken

DrunkBilliken
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Fantasy baseball team looks pretty good. Had the number 1 pick and got Pujols (of course).

MEGA RAVE: Last day of undergraduate classes today.

Rant: No job lined up. ...Yet....

17. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant- I am gaining weight from sitting on my ass all day being an unemployed loser
    Rave- I finally found, interviewed and accepted a new job
    Rant- It doesnt start until May 10..I had planned to be out of work for a month not two months and am now going in debt faster then I would like.
    Rant- I could take a job to tide me over but then would need to use that job as a reference. Nowhere will hire me for a month if I am honest about the other job, and nowhere will give me a good reference if I am not honest.

18. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    Went to the grocery store yesterday and a cute girl at the register was talking to me.
    Girl: You look really familiar, did you go to school around here?
    Me: Yeah, I graduated from [...] High School
    Girl: What's your name?
    Me: Ross
    Girl: Oh, like from Friends!
    Me: (trying to strangle her with me mind) Uh...yep.
    I paid and got out of there.

That fucking guy ruined my name forever. The only positive is that it's a foolproof litmus test to discover if someone is a totally useless waterhead before the conversation progresses very far.

19. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I'm going to give up on women for awhile. This shit is just too frustrating. She says she wants me to call her, then doesn't answer. She says she wants to hang out, then flakes. It's like this with all of them. Clearly I am choosing the wrong chicks.

Rave: 94.5 on my Physics test. Girl who had my teacher said that's the highest score she's seen on one of his tests by 12 points. That feels good.

Rant: Could've had a 99.5 if I didn't misread a question.

Rant: Easter coming up. I effing hate holidays. I can't handle being around the whole family at one time.

20. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Well, the FWB is off and leaving for her trip. I told myself at the beginning that I wouldn't start having any feelings for her, that I wasn't ready for something like that again but somehow she wormed her way under my defenses. We talked about it last night and it seems she returns the same feelings - I guess we're just two broken romantics. A few tears were shed, on her side, not mine as I have no tear ducts, of course*. Today is so bittersweet.

I'm such a fucking sap.

Rave: It's getting warmer out - I don't have to wear a massive coat in order to work. Thank god.

*Okay, one solitary tear might have fallen upon my manly and weathered face but it was made of solid gold and was spun by Hephaestus himself.