Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: I appreciate everyone's advice on how to fix my ipod by putting it in a bag of rice (Apparently, this is a well-known solution to this sort of thing) but my beloved companion is no more. It will work as long as I have it plugged in to a power source, but turns off immdiately as soon as it gets disconnected. This severely limits my ability to use it. I'll take it to the Ipod store this weekend, but I'm guessing I have to come up with $250 to replace it, cause not having it SUCKS.

Rave: The Federal Government gives you 4 hours of administrative leave if you donate blood or platelets. I usually donate platelets every four weeks at Children's Hospital, which takes about two hours, but I accidentally took some Aleve yesterday, so I have to donate whole blood which takes about five minutes. So, I'm leaving here at noon, and should be at Blackfinn drinking beer and watching basketball by 1. God Bless America indeed.

2. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: As I'm sure a bunch of you have probably heard, Jesse James supposedly cheated on Sandra Bullock with a tattoo model named Michelle "Bombshell" McGee. Well, I graduated high school with her. Her whole past story is a huge lie. She's not 24, but at least 31. She grew up in Ohio and graduated in 1996. Not from San Diego and never grew up Amish. Hell, her mom used to cut my hair in a little shop she owned about a mile from my house. Her mom seemed pretty cool and definitely not conservative. It wasn't that bad growing up where we did. Guess she really didn't like it and has been doing everything in her power to distance herself from her past.

I didn't know her too well in school, but we had a lot of mutual friends. She seemed nice enough then, not too crazy or anything. Cheerleader, track and cross county. I'm laughing looking at old yearbook photos. She sure has changed quite a bit since high school. She popped up on Facebook a couple months ago and I was showing my wife this girl from high school who so obviously changed. Thought nothing of it after that. Now she's front page news all over the place for sleeping with Mr. Sandra Bullock. Funny and kind of a sad way to gain their 15 minutes of fame. It'll probably help her sell some tattoo magazines though and book her some gigs.

3. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rant: I've spent the last hour fighting Ticketmaster, trying to get my damn tickets. For some reason my card wouldn't authorize the purchase, even though there's more than enough money on it.

Rave: After a quick run up to the bank to transfer some money from our main checking account to the one with the debit card, I now own some shiny tickets to see Pearl Jam. The seats aren't really any worse than the ones it pulled up an hour ago, so other than the frustration it caused, no harm no foul.

Rave: Day off today, I slept in until 8:30. I have absolutely zero plans for the day, other than trying to spend as much of it outside as I can. It's beautiful out today and it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Screw this Missouri weather.

4. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Snow. Ii fucking snowed! 60F to 28F in 12 hours. FUUUUCKK THIIIIS!

Rave: Tax refund is here. One week turnaround time.

5. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I have a cough that will not go away. And this morning there is this odd pain in the front of my left hip whenever I cough.

Rave: Xanax script filled... I've slept so fucking good the past two nights.*

Rant: *Except for the twice nightly coughing fit that wakes me.

Rave: Don't have to work tomorrow! Finally have time to go shopping and get my hair cut.

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I just got a call that the dog groomer is coming over. Holy shit this woman is smoking. I am fucking stoked to see her again.

I hope the dog gets her fucking soaked.

Rave: My mom was worried about getting the funeral paid for, but I have gone through the finances and found out that she had a whole life insurance policy for 1000 purchased in 1940. It is now worth waaaay more because it is an annuity 70 years. I also found another policy for a couple grand from the eighties (my grandma was uninsurable due to breast cancer). No need to worry about paying for the funeral.

Amusing story rave, but kinda sad: My grandmother got breast cancer when in the army. This was in the 40s so they had to do a radical mastectomy on her right breast. The army initially gave her 100% disability for life.

They then sent her a letter that because she only lost one breast, they were going to give her only 50% disability. Typical army efficiency

Mega-Rant:
    My mom is clueless about stocks, and investments. I was going through the stuff she had piled up, and it turns out there are stocks she didn't even know she owns that she inherited with the trust. And they have been sending out dividend checks yearly, and sometimes quarterly. I also found a check from 3 years ago that was sent out due to a merger where the stock options were cashed out as the agreement for 6k. In total there is about 10k in worthless checks.

Does anyone know anything about unclaimed property

7. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: My renter's check bounced. And her phone is off and she deleted her email account. I am gonna get screwed. Luckily, I know where she lives and have a key (unless, of course, she changed the locks). Fuck.

Rave: It's going to be a beautiful weekend and we have no plans (oh, except to go knocking on my renter's door), I am looking forward to hanging out on my deck with the family. AND my brother gave me a $100 gift card to amazon for my birthday. Can't wait to spend that bad boy.

9. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant:

Fuck turkey bacon.

Recently I've been trying to eat healthier which mainly has meant more fruits and veggies for snacks. One other thing I decided to try was turkey bacon. I average a pound of bacon a week, so that's a little more saturated fat than I should be consuming. Hey, I know I'm young and it's not a huge deal right now, but why not do a little now to save a lot later on in life. Turkey bacon should help with this problem.

Big fucking mistake.

My first clue should have come when the turkey didn't change size whatsoever and barely changed color while frying it. Then after not seeing any grease left in the pan, I was optimistic though a little worried too. I decided to eat a slice before chopping up the rest for my breakfast bowl (Breakfast bowls fucking rule and you should really try it some day. Eating food separately is for losers with dignity).

What the fuck. After a few bites I quickly checked the package, and yes it does use the word "Bacon" on it. This could not be further from the truth. How in the fuck are they legally allowed to use the word bacon when describing this food? This is not bacon, never will be bacon and should be kept as far away from bacon as possible. They should have a separate section for turkey bacon between low-fat cheese and rice cakes.

"But Creelmania, of course it doesn't taste like bacon, it's turkey. It's not trying to be your precious pork bacon, it's simply a healthy alternative." Fuck you. It most certainly is trying to replace pork bacon, or else they never would have used the word bacon in the title. Call it turkey breakfast slices or some shit if you don't want to look like an impostor. That was the most flavorless, dry "bacon" I've ever had. I finished the package simply because I hate wasting food more than I do shitty food. But my god did that shit ever suck.

I learned my lesson and will never be buying this abomination, and if anyone ever tells me that it's a suitable replacement or simply mentions it in the same class as pork bacon, I'm going to punch them in the cunt. Hard.

10. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

11. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: The monthlong drought is over. I always thought squirters were an urban legend. They're not. I almost broke my ass when I slipped on the hardwood floor.

12. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: I'm off work today and I've been drinking beer since 11, you bitches. It's 74 degrees and sunny, and we're about to get a patio table at good bar for the evening.

RANT: It is going to snow tomorrow. No shit. Thanks for the fucked up weather, Oklahoma.

13. Assur

Assur
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: One day, someone at work gave away a bunch of plastic dinosaurs and I took them to assemble a diorama/shrine to the guy I'm doing a research project on with the intent to eventually configure it to be all rife with symbolism and shit by the time we're done. I had said I was going home at 1, but my inability to actually leave early/on time or not come in freakishly early is a source of amusement to my coworkers. Right around 1 I was thinking, "I'm in a groove, maybe I'll just finish a few more..." The 6" Tyrannosaur (smoking a cigarette) who represents the principal guy just out of the blue fell over. Noone had been near it in hours, no sudden gust of air, nothing.

I took it as an omen and went home.

Rant: Maybe the omen means I am going to die.

Rave: Its 67 and breezy. I am sacrificing whiskey and cigarettes to appease the unquiet spirit. Soon I will eat steak. You know, for the spirit. Broiled is mostly like burnt, offerings-wise.

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT:

WTF Oklahoma, really?

I hate living here sometimes.

Attached Files:

16. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: just did battle with an old rose bush, the bitch went down fighting. Managed to whip a branch accross my face and now have a cheek and upper lip dripping claret. Also gashed my hand.

Goes well with a hangover.

17. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Celebrated finals being over in style (re: downing a bottle of Jameson) last night.

Rant: Apparently my legs gave up on me and I crashed onto my knees outside and then knocked my head on the pavement. I look like Charlie Sheen's girlfriend.

Rave: Doing it again tonight!

18. PoppaBear

PoppaBear
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: Visited some good friends I haven't seen in a long time at another college last night
    RAVE: many many many MANY hot girls at this college
    RAVE: I go back to school sometime this weekend, which is a
    RAVE: because my university is so nice when we have spring weather.

19. Facepalm

Facepalm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant/Rave?: Went to bed earlier with the intention of taking a two hour nap. Woke up 8 hours later. Cool because it's my day off, whatever - not cool because it was nice out today and I could have gone and done something. Oh well.

Rant: My bracket was busted yesterday. Fuck you, Georgetown and Notre Dame!

Rave: Yuengling.

20. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Just got back from a philosophy colloquium entitled "Democracy and Difference: Going Beyond Liberal Freedoms and Illiberal Order", and it was fucking phenomenal. The rant? The whole fucking time I could see all the "smart" asshole philosophy douchebags sitting all around jotting down little notes and biding their time until they could ask questions.

Ever been to one of the things, specifically the Q and A part? When it's time for the audience members to ask questions these pseudo intellectual philosophes stand up and pretend to ask a question, meanwhile talking for 15 minutes. Listen, asshole, if you were so fucking smart you'd be one of those experts up there giving discussions on the topic. Ask a concise question and then actually LISTEN to the person that answers it, rather than reveling in the sound of your voice and waiting impatiently until you give your next dissertation masked in an earnest question.

Academics make me sick some times.