Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Corey Haim dead at 38.

I'm not particularly upset or surprised by it, but of the two Coreys, I really hoped Feldman would kick the bucket first.

2. Drake

Drake
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: My sister and two of my cousins are pregnant, and one of the cousins is having triplets. By Christmas, there will be 5 new rugrats in my extended family....

RANT: My wife and I have been trying for 29 months to get pregnant. and all we have to show for it is one shitty miscarriage. We are in a far better position (financially) to have kids than any of the three that did get pregnant. Sometimes I just want to kick god in the nuts...

3. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Pistachios. I fucking love Pistachios.

4. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Married! Wedding was awesome! In Vegas till Sunday on honeymoon!

It's a good life.

5. TheFarSide

TheFarSide
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I would give anything to be at a swim up bar/bathroom in the Caribbean right now.

Fuck Work

6. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Awkward dates. I went out with a guy who is a fair bit older than me and I assumed he knew how old I was. Long story short, he didn't and he somehow found out and the rest of said date was weird to say the least.

Rave: First March Madness pool invite. Bah, I am so excited for the tournament to start. So excited I am on the verge of blowing my load. That excited.

7. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Tim Horton's coffee. I pity all you poor saps who don't have access to it.

RANT: I think I'm going to have to seriously cut back on the pot smoking. Like Joe Rogan said, weed is a tool--like a hammer. You can use it build a house, or you can just hit yourself in the dick with it. Right now I'm just hitting myself in the dick with it. I never get anything done, ever, and enough is enough.

8. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

UGH JUST SENT A COMPLETED TEST FOR AN INTERNSHIP WITH TYPOS

DUMB DUMB DUMB

9. Ferris

Ferris
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RANT: Speaking of Timmie's coffee, does anyone else find it particularly shitty during Roll up the Rim season? So far I'm 0-5, and have had the shittiest Timmie's coffee I've ever had.

10. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: I've been catching up on Californication this weekend. Season 1 got me through Saturday-Monday. I watched season 2 in it's entirety in one sitting last night before passing out at 7 this morning. Starting season 3... now.

11. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

rave- found the perfect job online
    rant- may have sent a garbled mess of a resume and cover letter
    rant- the job will involve sending attachments
    rave- the office manager is out of town until the 18th, hopefully I can sneak a less wonky resume in

BANG HEAD OFF THINGS

12. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: So they want me to assess this crumb snatcher for Autism or Asperger's Syndrome. They must really be confident in my abilities because...

Rant: I am a first year clinical student and I lack said training to administer the multitude of measures and assessments necessary to make the diagnosis.

13. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Awesome day today! Did the Altitude chamber (awesome) and that spinning chamber thing that simulates G-forces (not as fun). Check out the video on the youtube thread.

Rave: Get to do Bay ops tomorrow where we float around in a big ass life raft and shoot off flares in the middle of the bay.

Rave: In one week from today, I'll be graduating from Aviation Primary Indoctrination.

Rant: I won't be starting Primary flight school for at least two months. Although this could be a good thing.

14. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Finished my Dive Master yesterday!

Rant: Means I start my Instructors course, no late nights drinking and then diving hungover

Rave: Fuck yea, im in Honduras for till April. Its 35deg and sunny, no snow, and hot girls everywhere!

Rant: Missing Roll up the Rim!

Rave: Honduran coffee is the shit!

15. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Thus begins my four day weekend. I love paid vacation days.

16. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I've never been all that crazy about country clubs or the country club lifestyle but I spent the last two days playing golf and fishing down on Oak Island, NC and I've changed my mind. Fantastic place that is being permanently added to the vacation rotation.

Rant: From picturesque Oak Island straight to Stanley (armpit) NC. Work smerk.

17. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Too busy, headache won't leave, another two days until weekend.

Rave: Sexy pictures in the inbox, hell yeah.

18. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: And I'm going to go get drunk. I can't remember the last time I got drunk on a weeknight that didn't involve a national holiday.

19. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I think Corey Feldman should have died instead of Corey Haim, I mean c'mon if one had to go.....................

20. slippingaway

slippingaway
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant:This military project for work is the most fucked up project I've ever worked on. If I was just taking shit from the customer, that would be one thing. So far I've gotten ridiculous deadlines, horrible system designs (that I've had to redesign on the fly), customer engineers that constantly question my suggestions (here's a hint: I get paid to do nothing but this work, I know what I'm doing), criticism for not getting enough done each day, criticism for skipping the 3 hours of meetings each day so that I can actually get something done, criticism for taking too long to get parts on the truck because I'm stopping to document everything, and then criticism for not having the documentation done.

If the customer was my only problem, this project would suck, but it would be normal.

But no, the customer isn't my only problem. The people in my own company who are supposed to be supporting my efforts and helping me are fighting over who gets to fuck me in the ass the hardest.

Starting the project by giving me a list of 500 parts from 8 different divisions, and telling me I have 12 days, over THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING, to get all those parts ordered and on site? check.
    Refusing to send support people down for your specific products? check.
    Refusing to schedule enough of our own people on this project, so that I end up working 140 hours in 11 days, as a SALARIED employee? check.
    Scheduling me to be out of town for 30 out of the last 48 days, while my pregnant wife is at home? check.
    Telling me you've ordered all the products I need, then admitting a week later that only 20% of them were ordered? check.
    Leaving me to get the remaining 80% of my parts made and shipped in in a matter of 10 days? check.
    Agreeing to make custom parts for me, with a hard deadline, then the day I'm supposed to have them telling me you can't make them? check.
    Spending an entire week telling me "yeah, I know I said they'd be there this morning, but we'll definitely ship them tonight?" check.
    Making me spend my entire Saturday calling people in on a weekend to track down those parts, because they still didn't ship, and BOTH military test vehicles are now broken down, waiting on those parts? check.
    Making me call the one guy I trust at work, and have him spend 12 hours of his weekend driving all over OH and MI to deliver the part that you said was shipping every night for a week? check.
    Sending me a laptop to use for documenting the project, but not setting it up with administrator rights so I can't install the programs you sent with it that I need? Check.
    Telling me that all communication with our divisions needs to be run through you, then not answering your phone or emails for a week? check.
    Telling us you had a guy to help us, and putting him on the schedule, but forgetting to tell him to come down? check.
    Telling him not to worry about it, and stay in Chicago doing nothing all week, while we still need help? check.
    My own guys changing the design and installing a bunch of parts without writing them down at all? check.
    Never telling me, so I don't discover it until so much other stuff is mounted that I can't even see those parts anymore? check.
    Questioning every parts order I submit to your division, because you, in your cubicle 1500 miles away, know better than I do what is going on the vehicle I'M WORKING ON? check.
    Telling me you're the only person to send orders to at your division, then when I send an order I get an automatic vacation reply from you that you'll be gone for a week and a half? check.
    Receiving my order that I need on site in a week, asking a question about it so I know you have it, then waiting 3 or 4 days before sending it to someone else to enter the order for you, and telling me it will be late because they entered it late? check.
    Giving me a week at home to relax and escape the project, but making me spend that week doing all the paperwork for it and calling everyone to track down all the parts for it? check.
    Doing absolutely nothing to help me, actively screwing things up, pissing off the customer for me, then taking credit for everything good on the project? check.

Now telling me that as soon as I'm done with this project, I get to start all over on the Australian version? Check.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ this project is fucked.

Rave: My actual boss (not the dickweed running this project) is a stand-up fucking guy. He's going to compensate me for my overtime, told me to take an extra week or two of paid vacation once this is done (that won't count against my earned vacation days), and told me that if I don't want to work on any upcoming projects for the military group, he'll make sure I don't have to. Oh, and he's been passing on everything that's happened to dickweed's boss's boss, and I've heard from several independent sources that dickweed is getting either demoted or fired. It doesn't fix this project, but at least it won't happen again. I'm also getting a bonus, and a raise.