Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave The new chick I'm seeing's sorority pub crawl ended at my house... mmm blowjobs. When she's drunk she acts like a five-year-old and her favorite toy is my dick.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I got fat.

I gained 25 fucking pounds in the past two years. twenty five fucking pounds. I had to buy a pair of size 36 jeans. And they were a little snug.

Rave: I have gone on a hard core diet and lost 15 lbs of it. I am now back wearing my size 34s. Next stop 33.

3. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: The Oscars. I love the Oscars! The dresses, the speeches, the movie clips, the music acts....I should have been an actress from the Golden Age of Hollywood. I would have made an excellent Ava Gardner (personality...I wish looks!).

Rant: I'm watching The Oscars. By myself. Every battery in my house is dead. I'm bored out of my mind. I seriously need a man in my life. I'm one step away from getting a bunch of cats.

4. PoppaBear

PoppaBear
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE:
    Why yes Mr. Jay-Z, I agree that my 99 problems do not in fact include a bitch. Thank you for noticing.

#2624 PoppaBear, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Writing. I hate writing. I draw stuff. That's how I communicate.

6. UFGator

UFGator
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rave: I bought a flats boat this weekend, that I've wanted since I was about 16 years old.

Rant: I got a speeding ticket in it today, the first time I ever took it out.

7. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seems like I've been doing a few of these lately...

Rant: Eye doctor appointment tomorrow; I think I'm going to have to get reading glasses. Appointment followed shortly by my yearly MRI. The eye doctor, I haven't seen since she specifically, and quite confidently, told me my eye issues were not indicative of a brain tumor. An hour later I was back in her office, witnessing the most terrifying "...oh shit..." expression I ever hope to see. This reunion should go swimmingly. For anyone who has had to undergo an MRI, you know those are insanely pleasurable as well. I try to go to sleep during mine.

Rave: I might actually get to read shit for more than an hour at a time after this doctor decides to practice medicine properly. As far as the MRI goes, it's always nice to know the tumor isn't coming back or anything. Living your life in constant (realistic) fear makes for some incredible highs though.

8. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Bachelor party for a good friend in a month.

RANT: Somehow this turned into one of those bachelor/bachelorette parties. What in the fucking fuck ass shit?!

9. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: The Wire. Watched the pilot yesterday, and was intrigued. Started with episode 2 today and am currently about to start episode 12. Holy fucking shit. This show is on a similar level as Dexter, if not better.

Rant: Only the first season is on HBO On Demand right now.

Rave: Have the rest of the seasons going on uTorrent right now. Hooray. Also Spring Break starts the a week from tomorrow. I sense a serious marathon coming.

10. shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: At my part-time unskilled job which I just started at they don't have you clock in/clock out like my previous jobs. This one, you have a set start time and then they cut you when they don't need you, so the ending time is very tentative. However, it looks like they're shaving off a few hours here and there when I KNOW I was at work. I'm new and fucking things up though so I feel like someone more experienced would have finished the work earlier. Still, I feel fucking exhausted when I leave the place and don't like the idea of putting in an extra 2/3 hours and not getting paid for it.

The conflict seems like it'd be more effort than it's worth. This is my first entry level job in the industry (restaurants eslkrjkelrj) and without at least the couple months experience that I can take from this, it may take that much longer to find another entry level job with no prior experience, at a place no better.

Rave: I leave work exhausted so I'm too tired to think about my credit debt, and it keeps me busy. Before I was broke and bored, now I've got two part-time jobs, still broke but too tired to socialize. Yayyyy...

11. Indiana

Indiana
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: This weekend:
    - Working 30 Hours in 2 days
    - Best meal consisting of spaghettios and a can of corn
    - Found a piss bag, yes, a full, LEAKING COLOSTOMY BAG from some wheelchair-ridden fuck, under the bar
    - Kicking out drunk tools and homeless crazies all weekend long
    - Any 'frozen drink' with 'extra fruit'. Go fuck yourself. You do not deserve to live.

Rave: Drinking away my sorrow tonight. Oh Captain, you always treat me right.

12. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Super wholesome weekend with family was surprisingly fun, and got home just in time to partake in mass wine consumption. Beer and Risk day to follow shortly.

Rant: Agreed to drive roommate to physical therapy tomorrow morning at 7:30. Boooo.

13. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I didn't really clue into it until now, but I have completely fucked myself for school this year. At some point I just stopped caring about it, and now it's catching up and the cold, hard reality has just slapped me across the face. I've skipped assignments, skipped compulsory tutorials, etc etc and just figured I'd deal with it later. I'm normally not this sort of person and I have absolutely no idea how or why I let myself get to this point. I'm going to have to schedule some meetings with profs this week and see what I can salvage. Anything I can't, I'll just have to sack up and take like a man.

Rant: Explaining it to my parents is what I'm most upset about. I'm the first person in my family to even do post-secondary, something they were incredibly proud of me for. To have to sack up and tell them straight that I fucked up because I stopped caring is something I can't even begin to fathom doing. I feel like such a fuckup right now.

Rant: I need, need, NEED to re-develop some of my work habits for school, and I have no idea where to start.

Rant: My financial situation isn't much better.

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Oh, hello there Monday morning. Here already huh? You cunt.

15. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: I'll second Guy's fucking Monday sentiment. Got a shirt design I need to send to press by lunch.
    RAVE: Which I finished right before I left the house last night. Just waiting to hear color ideas and I'm dooooone.
    RAVE: Working at home today, which means after I type this, I'm rolling back in bed till my phone call from my client wakes me.
    RANT: Hungover...
    RAVE: From seeing the best concert ever last night. Dropkick Murphys, with the exception of Fields of Athenry and Tessie, played all of my favorite songs.
    RANT: When did concerts start ending around 10?

16. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Monday.
    Rave: Anticipating Friday.

17. Drake

Drake
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: 7 years ago today, I married my best friend. I know I shit on the idea of marriage all the time, but in reality, I have no idea where I would be today without my wife. She's awesome. Except for when she's not... but that's what married life is all about. Best 7 years of my life, no doubt about it.

RAVE: Three day work week, followed by a week in Orlando. Whee!!!

RANT: My wife and daughter will be at Disney, I'll be at a trade show. Boo...

RAVE: On the one day I get to go to the parks, I'll be taking my 4-year-old daughter on "Star Tours." We were in Disneyland last year and she was literally 1/8" short of getting on the ride. Once she hit 40" tall, she demanded we take her back to ride Star Tours. I hope it is as cool to her as she has made it out to be in her little mind.

18. Guest

Expand Collapse

RAVE two day work week, three days booked off.

RAVE Hurt Locker deservingly beating Avatar (Pocahontas-3D)

RANT Precious winning best adapted screenplay-seriously should have gone to Up in Air

19. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: In exactly five days, it'll be spring break.

Rant: I'm spending my spring break taking my best friend to her radiation treatments for her Cancer. BOO.
    They said 50% chance this will cure her, if not then she has to do some stem cell bone marrow transplant thing. * weeks in a sterile hospital room. I think this might break her.

Rave: Broke it off with friend boy by text, because I'm an asshole. Now from what I hear he's all mopey and shit. Apparently he's upset that he can't ignore me anymore.

Rant: Less then 24 hours to write 5 pages on Caligula and his Ships in Lake Nemi.

Rave: Research is done, I just have to sit down and write it.

20. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Found out I need reading glasses. Fuck. Some people look good in them; I do not.

Rant: It's such an awesome feeling when the MRI tells you he does over 90 per day, but that he remembers you because you are "the kid that had that big tumor, right?" Dick. I was terrified enough going back to that damn place, thanks for rubbing it in. Oh, and the long pauses you took between sessions before you came into the room? I noticed those too, and they scared the shit out of me that something was wrong. NOT appreciated.

Rave: At least I can see now when I read. Also, it'll be nice to go another year before my next MRI.