Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Planned a girls weekend to drink wine and eat good food. Also to ditch my giant toddler to wean him since I haven't really slept through the night since before he was born. But instead I got covid. Made it 4 years, and it gets me now. Goddamnit.

2. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The dog has cancer.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: please send positive vibes for hub's job search. It's rough over here and I'm worried about him.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: He passed yesterday.

5. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: WTF is non-binary? Why can't people just be people instead of bringing attention to themselves by running around the place declaring that they are some sort of special individual then complaining that they are getting unwanted attention because they have 'declared themselves'? If your partner (or non-partner) says yes then it's your business. I don't give a rat's ass.

6. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I recently noticed a review for my first book that was less than favorable. The first thing I thought was, "fucking ouch!" But then I gave their criticism some thought: "What if they're right?"

Rave: They were. There were a lot of errors that slipped past me before I released it to the public. Enough that I've paused work on my third book and am going over #1 with a fine tooth comb, finding and fixing grammatical errors, misspelled words, and whatever else for what I think will be a better book. My only regret is I didn't know about the programs available to me out there before I published it. I knew for #2, and believe me, I'll be using it for #3 as well. ( Ideally, I'd hire an editor/proofreader, but this is all out of pocket, so I have to make do. You don't get rich doing this shit, believe me.)

So the "rave" in this is personal growth over the past 10 years that's enabled me to accept criticism better, even when it's not exactly constructive. Also, a lot of people were more pissed off about the review than I was. I love my people.

7. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: My bossess boss if an absolute fucking moron. There was a major accident that caused a lot of damage. They are scrambling for parts. He is after a part we don't have, i send him a list of 112 parts that are in one of our Off site storage places. None of the parts number or descriptions match. But he is like just go check. Well now i get to kill a couple of hours for absolute nothing, so i am going to take pictures of absolutely everything send an email and say please identify what you are looking for.

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Airfare bought for NY

RAVE: Signed up for a new United Mileage card, used it to buy the UK airfare and then used the initial bonus miles to upgrade to first class

Small RANT: The trip is for a family bday party so not much time will actually be spent in NYC

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Dog had successful surgery to remove the tumor. Fought off death for a few more years.

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The 4yr old has a bad stomach bug and we're just barely keeping him hydrated enough. It's 50/50 whether or not we will need to take him for an IV tonight

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Guys ski weekend canceled because Stowe has shit conditions.

Rave: Guys weekend in Miami is on instead.

12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I pulled a muscle in my back. I suffered through and was able to get a few bullshit things done today, like sharpen lawnmower blades and ready it for the year. I think I'm going to be pretty useless for the next couple days, though, and I have a mile-long list of shit to do.

It hurts to reach back and wipe my own ass. I could probably wipe someone else's ass, the motion needed for that doesn't seem to hurt a great deal. But that's not on my list of shit to do.

13. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: The little guy slept it off and has been running around helping me all day. The highlight was him supervising me unloading bags of mulch.

14. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Shit tenants are out of the house and it settles tomorrow. Can start the hunt for a new place in my current location.

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Day 6 of ear infection or blockage or whatever the fuck it is. Sinus infection is pretty much gone. Last dose of antibiotic done today. Two more days of prednisone.

…really hoping my ear just pops and clears soon, this is asgravating. Not sure what they’ll do next if it doesn’t.

16. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: My fat, disgusting, unemployed neighbor's dog woke me up at 4AM, and kept barking until it was time for my alarm to go off. Today is going to suck.

Fuck that fat piece of shit, and fuck his damn dogs. I swear, if they do that shit again tomorrow, I'm throwing fucking poison over the wall.

17. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Update: day 8. Called the doctor, hope to hear from them tomorrow. No pain, just totally stuffed up. However I can hear out of it…except there’s a doubling effect and it’s out of tune. I’m really hoping that’s temporary.

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Going to Vegas in a few weeks and got tickets for The Sphere.

Possible RANT: I get motion sickness pretty easy.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Had to put my good cat buddy down this morning. Pretty rough.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant/rave: this weekend has been emotionally exhausting. We were convinced Buddy was dying. He wouldn't eat or drink for 2 days and was too weak to walk. Then yesterday afternoon he decided to drink, and drink and drink. He ate some chicken and plain yogurt that I gave him.
    He seems back to baseline which I am grateful for. I don't know how much time we have left with our sweet boy. Luckily he didn't seem uncomfortable during his decline. My heart hurts so much.