Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Finally a little snow. Better yet I don't have to commute in this shit.

Rave: Working from home. Sitting in pajama pants and t-shirt catching up on Pawn Stars, American Pickers, and 24 all while working.

Rant: 3 long tedious conference calls to get through today. One down, two to go.

Rave: Being baked out of my mind while providing my standard, "I think we can do that" to every question sent my way. The bigger the project the more tedious and numerous the conference calls are. Having twelve people on a call at a time is just unnecessary. Being baked for these is necessary.

Rave: Pomegranate juice. For so long I rallied against this delicious juice because I thought it was a stupid yuppie fad. This stuff is delicious but I question why the fuck it costs $6 for a little 16oz bottle of it? I hope it's because the fields where they pick pomegranates is in the Pakistani mountains where the pickers are attacked by the Taliban and giant tigers.

2. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: 10 hours of the most divinely comfortable sleep in years. Wake up to my boys crawling under the covers with me to snuggle. Perfection.

3. Drake

Drake
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: Had an amazing weekend with the wife, our out of town trip went amazing, and the only thing we got each other for V-day was each other, naked, three times over Saturday and Sunday. Best V-day weekend ever.

RANT: Can't shake this cold. It's moved from my head to my chest and I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in almost a week.

4. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going on stage next month for the first time in a year and a half. This should be fucking interesting.

5. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: House Inspection went great. Minor issues (some caulking, etc), but nothing drastic that will prevent us from moving forward with our new home purchase

Rave: My parents paid for the inspection as a house warming gift! We really need to save every single possible cent so we can have a decent down payment, so this was a great gift.

Rant: Now I have to return my focus to the negative shit in my life (i.e. school).

Rant: Have to observe 16 hours in the classroom this semester. They want teaching students to have 'experience within a classroom.' Apparently, working in a high school classroom for four years doesn't count. I honestly feel like I could jump into a classroom and start teaching within a matter of a few weeks (time to get together lesson plans and such), but instead I have to jump through hoop after hoop after hoop. People wonder why no one wants to be a teacher? The pay sucks, and it feels like I have to jump through more hoops to get certified to teach than I would to become a doctor or a lawyer. Its almost not worth it.

6. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rant: Midterm week

Rave: Peanut butter and jelly sammich

7. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave- Found the old school movie Monster Squad in the bargain bin

8. Bebe

Bebe
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: The last couple of weeks have been awesomely insane. I'm working 6 days a week and loving every moment of it. The old people love me and tip really well.

RAVE: Saturday night after work, I went to the bar and had a few drinks. Then I went home with the bartender. It was a terrible decision and I probably won't show my face in there for months, but it sure was fun.

RANT: Snow. Fuck snow.

9. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: My husband trimmed his beard. Thank God, I was starting to think I was married to an Amish guy for a while there.

10. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: One of my roommates was sick with strep throat over the weekend and me and a few other roommates are sick now. To make matters worse, I've got a 25 minute presentation in a class tomorrow and there is no way I can back out of it. I'm planning on pounding Pedialyte and staying on night/dayquil... any other suggestions?

Rave: My girlfriend sent me a package. She makes some amazing cookies.

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave

Sweet lord

Attached Files:

12. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Eh: Had the final talk with the husband about Vegas and I pussied out. Since I won't be moving my vacation after all, I made him promise that we'll go in May. I told him if he backs out then I'm still going. That was my compromise.

Rant: It still fucking sucks even though I expected as much.

Unrelated Rave: My sister changed her mind on what to name her baby. I hated the original name so I'm jumping for joy.

13. senorviper

senorviper
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

RANT: I havent really been...participating in this new board, but I love the idea, and miss this community so much. This is something I would have said on the old board, so here goes...

The doctors say there is nothing more they can do for my grandma. Apparently, it's just a matter of time (we're talking months, not days), but she will slowly deteriorate and will be on oxygen for the rest of her life. What a shitty thing to have to hear from a doctor.

14. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Canada starts the Olympic Mens Hockey with an 8-0 victory

Rantish: It was against Norway, so it's not a demonstration of how well they'll do really.

15. shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RAVE: I GOTS A NEW JERB. Thank christ. I can afford shit now. I already had a job but they started cutting my hours to the point where half my wages would go to my metropass. Almost didn't feel worth it.

RANT: I got my impacted wisdom teeth out so my lower jaw is completely swollen and I have to go to my orientation with a swollen face. So attractive.

RAVE: CODEINE!!!!1 And this forum helping to pass the time now that stuck inside the house for the next few days eklsjrlkjer

16. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Watching men's figure skating is hilarious. They all look like gay elves or some shit. So silly. Still, what they can do on skates is pretty impressive.

?????: Yeah, I can't stop thinking about the ex. She messaged me again tonight. No one wants to hear the specifics, but something tells me the next few weeks are going to be really awesome or really awful.

Rant: I work at a sporting goods store and we have a stockpile of like 250 rental skates. We have a 7 hour skate rental tomorrow and I have to work 4.5 hours of it in between an hour of chemistry class and 3 hours of psychology.

Rave: 200ish bucks cash for 4.5 hours of work. Can't really complain.

17. PoppaBear

PoppaBear
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT I saw [hot running girl] who I talked to sometime last week and is always aloof on campus, but I was taking a call from an old friend and didn't hang up. WHY DIDN'T I HANG UP asldfkasld;fjas;lfdjlsd I am seriously pissed right now I have been trying to ask this girl out for at least a couple weeks

18. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

19. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Roommates and I are having a very literal Fat Tuesday. Beer and nachos and this bastardization of a king cake made out of cinnamon roll dough spruced up with extra cream cheesy filling and tons of pecans. We even dyed the frosting the appropriate colors. Mmmmm.

20. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I had dinner at Birch and Barley tonight. If you live anywhere near DC or are visiting make reservations. You will not be disappointing.

the food was awesome
    the service excellent
    and most importantly the draft list is the best one I have ever seen. Any place that has no bud light or miller light on their beer list is awesome in the first place.

Our food took a little long to get out, which wasn't a problem, because the chef comped us a pizza. Fuck, just the bread was reason enough to eat at this place. There was a raisin cinnamon bread, a pretzel bread and one made out of calimota olives.

It was like for my mouth ("for", not "in" you fags).

Rant: heart burn from too much beer and food.