Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant Women who lament the fact that a girl "just can’t be friends with a guy.” Not the "let's just be friends speech," the "why can't we just be friends" speech. You wanna know why? It’s because it’s fucking hard. You have things you bitch about being hard for you as women, we have things we bitch about being hard for us as guys. I’ve seen you complain about going to bars and having creepy guys approach you, or whatever. Well, we have the right to complain that sometimes, we’re not going to just be “friends with you” and we have our reasons. I think that’s fair.

This girl I work with, in her bumbling, 21-year-old idiocy, sends me signals a mariner wouldn’t even be able to navigate. Take today for instance. She walked by me, and brushed her hand across my ass. Totally subtle, in the way women file sexual harassment lawsuits towards. She stands next to me and makes contact in any way – brushes my hand, my shoulder, my arm, etc. She’s constantly talking about going out for drinks, having lunch, “Let’s hit up Zorba’s on Dupont circle!” You know what? Let’s not. Let’s you leave me alone, you go back to that dumbshit box of rocks you call a boyfriend, and we all carry on, how’s that?

Does it happen? Sure, three of my closest friends are women. What I can't stand is stupid fucking girls and their innate desire, despite their significant other, to be friends with every guy they see. I'm not your goddamned friend, stop flirting with me, stop having it both ways, and stop getting pissed when I let the whole thing go or start giving you the silent treatment. If your stupid guido boyfriend from Michigan is really all that worth it, you wouldn't care. Jesus.

2. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: shattered collarbone, two broken ribs, punctured lung and 40% of my body is roadrash.

Rave: walking away and the marvelous cocktail of drugs docs quickly prescribed.

3. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave?: She never called. I don't know if she was fucking with me or what, but it can't be nearly as important as her message made it out to be, which means she is likely just trying to weasel her way back into my life. The sad thing is there is a part of me that wouldn't mind that right now.

Rant: First Chemistry test tomorrow followed by first Physics test Thursday. This week is going to blow dick.

4. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: I fucking hate people who won't buy a round at the bar but are the first the raise their glass or bottle in the air to show you what they're drinking when you say you're going. On top of that if I drop you out of the "round" when I go to the bar because you're a cheap prick don't try to throw it in my face because I will call you out on it and embarrass you in front of your date.

Rave:
    While shooting the shit with my boss yesterday he asks me how Iceland was. Iceland? Someone asked where I was off to last week and I gave them a sarcastic response of Iceland which was believed and then circulated. We have no accounts in Iceland yet the boss seemed unconcerned with this. I guess it's time to go to Iceland for reals next time.

Rant: I've successfully avoided all Valentines Day bs up until I checked my mail this AM and found a card from my mom. The only woman in my life who fails to accept my hatred of this day. It was a nice card at least.

5. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FUCK YEAH RAVE: Turns out she's not that dedicated to him as I thought. I laid out all the right moves at all the perfect times.

Rave: Yours truly was up till 5-ish with her half nekkid in my bed. High five!!

Rave: This will turn out the be fucking awesome, I can promise that. Plus I don't have to see her all the time since she has a place of her own and a steady job.

Rant: Her very recent ex has a small chance of being one of my flight instructors in a few months. Fuck. But I see many ways around this, so it won't be so bad.

Rave: She's smoking hot. Like, model hot, and a good 9.5 on the 10 scale.

6. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Mother fuckin' Red Royal Shrimp.
    RAVE: Calamari and steaks marinating.
    RAVE: GF is stopping at the liquor store on her way home.
    RAVE: Actually went out last night.
    RAVE: We made a stop at Fredricks of Hollywood and dropped a hundred on good shit for tonight.
    RANT: Fuck you douches that go to bars and SCREAM about how awesome you are, how much you make, how you have a corner office, how you and your brother know everyone at the bar and pretty much annoy the piss out of everyone.
    RAVE: Having enough self control to just ignore it.
    RAVE: For being white trash enough to go to the holes in the wall.
    RAVE: Learning how to drink without getting shit faced. Only took 27 years.
    RANT: Finally see a movie and it's The Wolfman.
    RAVE: The Crazies looks awesome.
    ULTRA-MEGA RAVE: FLOGGING MOLLY TUESDAY NIGHT AT HOUSE OF BLUES!

7. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Car broken into. Smashed up passenger's side window. Stolen GPS. Awesome.

8. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

MAJOR FUCKING RAVE: I was just introduced to the TV show The League, which aired on FX last year.

Watch it. It's a partially-scripted show (a la Curb Your Enthusiasm) about five guys competing in a fantasy football league that will basically do anything to win. It's one of the funniest shows I have ever seen, and the semi-scripted aspect to it makes it feel so much more real. It's pretty much all hilarious one-liners and just a bunch of friends fucking with each other.

Watch it. Now.

9. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Grandfather died on Saturday morning, at least I got the chance to say goodbye. The funerals on Friday, both my brothers are flying in and it will be good to catch up. Dad asked me to read the Eulogy at the funeral, I agreed because he wasn’t up to it without breaking down. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it.

10. Marburg

Marburg
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Driver side tail light smashed on my car.... while I was busy pulling a 12 hour shift in the ER helping indigent patients at a county hospital yay!! I don't even see how it could be an accident since the tail light is recessed and the sheet metal is pristine. Now I have to spend time tmmrw in between patients buying a new tail light and installing it in the freezing cold.... fuck!

11. schubeal

schubeal
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Made the mountains my valentine and was rewarded with a solid 10 inches of powder in the upper bowls at Keystone.

Rant: Happy V-day text from last weekends girl. Gonna have to nip that in the bud before she gets too attached.

Rave: Meeting up with another girl for drinks Thursday.

12. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: My mom drove up to see me today because I had nothing else to do. My mom was my valentine.

13. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I love this picture. It's Guy Carbonneau, captain of the last Montreal Stanley Cup team. He's my favorite player of all time, a defensive-forward who'd have you checking over your shoulder even after the game because he'd stick to you like white on rice.

Why am I posting this now? It's probably because I hate the current gutless team, full of over-priced mercenaries who are cheered on by stupid, stupid fans.

[​IMG]

14. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Let's drive in a circle and see how long it takes to crash

15. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave? I hooked up with a girl that lives in my condo building. Friday night we got drunk with some friends and ended up making some bad/good decisions. It was a fun time and I have a feeling that if either one of us wanted to continue fucking around we could probably do it. However, I found out she has a boyfriend and not to mention it's generally bad news to do anything with someone who lives in the same building. Plus, I'm not the douchebag who knowingly hooks up with women in relationships. Luckily, we're separated by 6 floors and I rarely see her. But, she's trying to get me a job right now so I need to stay on good terms.

[/random rambling]

Rant: My back has been horrible lately and it prevented me from really working out or doing anything this weekend. All day yesterday and today I just stayed at my parents house and laid on the couch.

Rave: As much as I hate the concept of Valentines Day, my mother does not hate it. My dad is always out of town for the Daytona 500 over Valentines Day, so my Mom is always alone for it. Being at home, I got to spend a lot of time with her and she it was the best Valentines gift she could have gotten. I'm lucky to have such a good relationship with my parents.

Rave: Due to said back issues, I've had a steady stream of vicodin in my system. I've really caught up on rest!

16. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I hate today. So much. Someone please shoot me.

Rave: There are only 76 minutes left in today.

17. Pow

Pow
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Target only had v-neck white t-shirts. I knew v-necks were pretty gay when I bought them, but thought it wouldn't be too bad.
    Rant: Looked in the mirror after I got home and realized just how terribly gay these shirts are. I don't throw away clothes, so I'm stuck with them until they're shreds. Or jizz rags that can no longer take anymore 'love'.

18. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I definitely called it. Cookies were sent. Along with Gushers, which to me are like their own food group.

Rave/Rant: DILFS. They are motherfucking everywhere these last few days. So hot, yet so unattainable. There is a particularly delicious one that has been saying hi to me lately and I kind of, but not really, feel bad for thinking dirty thoughts about him.

19. burned ice cube

burned ice cube
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: 15 dollar bottles of Crown make for one hell of a birthday. Cleared out Safeway.

20. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT Worthless noob twelve-year olds on L4D2.