Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

March Madness 2024

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rush-O-Matic, Mar 21, 2024.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, that Oak - KY game was fun. The finish was good.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone else make a bracket that is sucking wind at this point? I have my alma mater UConn winning it all again.

Dan Hurley is a blast to watch as a coach. He made a insanely deep bench and still goes bananas during each game. Not quite the psychopath Calhoun was, but still great at hyping everyone up for the team.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My bracket is sucking balls, but I'm in second place in my Group. I have Perdue winning it all, and I'm the only one in my Group that has Perdue. So, that may save me.

4. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Assuming they count that as a valid Purdue vote.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

lol, with Sonny Perdue as former GA Governor and Perdue chicken around here, I can't remember the U. I kept thinking, why does autocorrect keep underlining it when I type Perdue? Oh, well. Fortunately, I just had to click on it in the bracket and it was already spelled correctly.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

UConn vs. SDSU tonight, which is a rematch of last year's championship game. Sadly, I can't justify spending $1200 at the TD Garden for basketball tickets.

7. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit, NC State? I'm a Duke fan. Have been since kindergarten. Which, if you're from NC, is the time you choose between Duke, UNC and NC State, and you stick with that choice for the rest of your life. Since they beat Duke, go (Cardiac) Pack!

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have friends that went to all three, but growing up in Georgia, I didn't really care one over the other. But, the Jim Valvano clips and quotes are so epic, and his cancer battle so inspirational, and the persistence of the V foundation . . . it was just kind of stuck in my head that NC State was "one of the three" with UNC and Duke. I can't believe they haven't been to a final four since the 1983 Championship. That's amazing - it feels like they have.

9. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A lot of Georgia Tech's most successful seasons were right there with NC State and Jimmy V, mid eighties to early nineties. You probably got a lot of exposure to NC State then, if your teen years were also spent in Georgia. I remember those times, a lot of NC kids jumping on GT bandwagon and wearing their t-shirts. I think my mom even got me a t-shirt because of she lived in Atlanta.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, yeah, I was rooting for Cremins' teams for sure. But, I haven't thought Tech had any success recently, lol.

11. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's one of us. Bobby Cremins is beloved around here.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Back-to-back champs. Love to see it.