Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Is Maryville the Next Steubenville?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The recent horror I have experienced reading the past four pages is my fault for coming into this thread instead of staying home.

2. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everyone knows you were gagging *for it.

*on

3. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OK - I'm at home so ready to type up my responses. Somehow this got drastically off track. There is a big....HUGE difference between being cat called while pumping gas to going over to a "friend's" house and being drugged, raped, and dumped, the mom being fired and then their house being burnt down. There has been lots of blame being cast on the victim, the parent, anybody, but not a lot of discussion that seems pertinent in this situation, which to me is the disregard for the lack of follow up and prosecution, the fact that this was completely dismissed. I wonder if many of you actually read the article (the real one, not the linked one on jezebel).

First off.....this girl is a CHILD. She is 14 years old. Who among us was making wise decisions at 14? Yes, as an adult I certainly try to avoid sticky situations that I have learned could lead to problems, at 14 I probably thought I had a new best friend if somebody shared their lip gloss with me. From the sounds of the article, this kid was "popular" and from a family that was well respected in the community. Shoot, still that is probably good enough for me, let alone when I was 14 and rape wasn't ever on my radar. Even now, I have been to house parties of people who I don't know extremely well. And I am willing to bet that most of you guys have too. How can you even consider blaming a 14 year old girl for this?

Now lets look at the parents....or parent in this case. Her dad died (in a car accident where she escaped by crawling from a window nonetheless) so she was being raised by a single mom in a new town trying to adjust after having her life turned upside down. The situation of the night wasn't explained but she left the house. Maybe mom was working so she was home alone, maybe she snuck out. To me it doesn't really matter, at 14, I certainly wasn't being watched 24/7 by my mom. I certainly don't want to judge the mom for not instilling better values in her daughter because there seem to be some extenuating circumstances.

Shoot, even the 17 year old rapist isn't the crux of the story to me. I'll not bother wasting my breath on that. It's that the "adults" who dismissed the case. Based on what is likely the family's name and prestige.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear if you people say her name enough and she ends up coming back around here and ruining this board I will RAPE every last one of you. Can we also agree that if you post here you are not considered "normal, rational, or real" for man or woman alike?

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seems relevant

Can't a guy eat a girls pussy in public and not be accused of rape these days?

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

You mean she was embarrassed.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That girl is scum. Lying about sexual assault is disgusting.

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

And it's primarily because of girls crying rape that we are even having this (yet another) clusterfuck of a thread in the first place.

Am I the only damn mod here or what? A little help would be great.

To clarify I am not saying Daisy is or has done anything of the sort, I was referring to others that do therefore take away the validity of her case/situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.