Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

CHRISTMAS & NEW YEARS DRUNK THREAD 2009 (NSFW)

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Nettdata, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You must have a pretty low opinion of me to think that I'm not able to write all of this off the cuff. Which, by the way, I am.

Herceptin (trastuzumab) is a humanized monoclonal antibody used in the treatment of breast cancer that over-expresses the nuclear receptor HER-2. By binding to the receptor, Herceptin is able to block transcription of the DNA that would normally be expressed by activation of the receptor. By blocking the transcription of cancer cell DNA, the growth of the tumour is slowed. Herceptin is only useful in the treatment of those types of breast cancer which over-express HER-2; this represents both a minority of total breast cancer cases, as well as breast cancers with a poor prognosis. Herceptin is associated with significant cardiovascular side effects that severely hampers both clinical usefulness and the overall benefit afforded by its use.

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Sure you can. Don't be stupid. This is just another tool you can use to evaluate the person that you've met. Along with their body language, grammar, the way they treat staff at restaurants, whatever. And I certainly don't think about it as hardcore as you've suggested. Just a quick glance and I get an impression of the tattoo, and it gives me an impression of the person.

3. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

My dog's "elbows" or whatever look exactly the same. It must be common in labs. I was actually worried about it recently before I saw that pic.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But now I add titties. I, too, love Suicide Girls

Attached Files:

• 29a.JPG
      29a.JPG
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
  5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My bad about the pic size. Her elbows are always like that. My girlfriends black lab has the same thing. I thought it was a problem as well. But shes alright. Just incredibly lazy.

6. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've had labs for almost 20 years and I've never had one will that problem. Maybe its a yellow thing? Mine were all black.

Maybe I'm wrong. It's happened like once or twice before.

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Calcium channel blockers are anti-hypertensive agents that work by inhibiting calcium channels on the smooth muscles of the peripheral vasculature. As muscles need calcium in order to contract, CCBs effectively cause relaxation of the peripheral vasculature, decreasing total peripheral resistance and thereby dereasing total blood pressure. There are two families of CCBs: dihydropyridines (i.e. amlodipine) and non-dihydropyridines (i.e. diltiazem). Non-DHPs do not cause reflex tachycardia, however, popular DHPs such as Norvasc are associated with less reflex tachycardia than others.

[​IMG]

8. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm trying not to be stupid, but sometimes it's hard.

You get a quick glance of the tattoo and form an impression. What if you're wrong? Maybe it really does mean one of the stupid things I posted earlier.

First impressions are hard to overcome. Judging someone by the tattoo seems shallow.

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but tattoos feel pointless to me. I don't see them as art. That is a personal opinion with which anyone and everyone is free to disagree. (I am not denying the skill that goes into making one.) But, I can see them as art much easier than I can see them as a symbol of something you want to remember or something that is important to you. If it's that important why is it necessary? I know the things that are important to me. I don't need a reminder.

Clearly I don't don't get it. But I also don't get whatever it is there is to get. It's either something so meaningful that you felt the need to put it on yourself permanently or it's ornamentation. If it's the former, why do you need the reminder and if it's the latter, it's just a bauble on a Christmas tree and is worth about that much.

I might have killed this thread. Sorry.

9. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, if you say so.

My namesake. She arrived on Dec 16th and is perfect.

And our newest puppy (that was lost, returned & is over the broken leg)

Attached Files:

10. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think they're fun so long as she isn't way too sensitive

[​IMG]

There are far too few gingers in this thread. Evan is a ginger and a Suicidegirl, I'm getting two birds stoned at once.

Mods: If there's a way to wrap uploads in the nsfw tag, I don't know how to do it.

Attached Files:

• 51.jpg
      51.jpg
      File size:
      174.2 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      120.4 KB
      Views:
  11. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, I know that many tattoo supporters claim their liking of the art to be the main (or one of the main) attractions to a person with a tat. I get that. I understand that. I appreciate the fact that they not only like something, but have the ability and self-awareness to seek out others with similar tastes. The Fiance and I appreciate the same kind of humor in much the same way that two tattooed couples appreciate the same aesthetics of ink, and our relationship has been strengthened because of that shared enjoyment.

On that basis, I have honest question:

Why the hell don't you just get your tattoo artist to paint you a picture instead?

I've seen cool designs, that I really liked, and I had them airbrushed on me. Around the time they faded, my enjoyment of them had begun to fade anyway so it worked out. I also own several paintings which I now keep in a closet because I no longer enjoy them like I once did; my tastes changed, so I changed them. Big deal, I have new tastes in art now and I'm not ashamed to do away with what I no longer enjoy. Aside from the obvious (for example, I'd rather look at a cool picture than a massive stab wound it was covering), why do people assume that their taste in art will not change? Or if they acknowledge that it may change, why don't they just keep getting temporary tattoos? Or perhaps a nice wood-framed painting of a coy fish bound with barbed wire in front of a setting sun?

Is it the permanence, the I-can't-undo-this-even-if-I-really-wanted-to that attracts you to it? Is it the Joe-Corporate-hates-this-so-I'm-passive-aggressively/expensively-sticking-it-to-him? Is it the he/she-is-able-to-commit-to-something-and-that-shows-maybe-they-could-commit-to-me?

And if that is it, why don't you go rack up six-figure credit card debt in a weekend at Vegas? Or write "I have a small penis" on your boss's lawn with motor oil? Or ask your potential significant other if your relationship has the potential to lead toward marriage?

I am genuinely curious, from a psychological perspective. Who wants to be honest about themselves and type more than a paragraph about why they like tats, beyond the aesthetics? And if it is just the aesthetics, why don't you just buy a painting instead?

12. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude... let it go. It's a personal choice. Some people regret their choices and others (myself included) do not. I drew mine myself (my body, my art) and it means something very special to me. I mean, I hate socks but to say that I will judge those who wear them is just a bit silly. And don't even come back with the "socks aren't permanent" argument. You say you got airbrushed and by the time it was gone you were over it... well us tattooed folks want that art to be there forever. If we didn't, we'd go the gay route and get airbrushed too. And by the time I'm 80 and it looks like shit, guess what, the rest of me will look like shit too.

And I like mine for another reason too... it's pretty.

I regret looking at the puffy nipple picture. It made me gag.

13. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm kind of in the same ring as Samr, but for different reasons. I doubt I'll ever get a tattoo because one, I would have to design it myself (why would I have something that someone else designed? dumb) which flows into the next part: After a while I would eventually say, "Wow, that looks like shit," because that's what I always do with art I've made and enough time has passed. It's rather annoying but in one sense at least it prevents me from doing something stupid.

I would get a tattoo for something legitimately significant in my life, but nothing that warrants a tattoo has happened yet.

14. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every single person you'll ask will give you a different answer. Mine? I've loved tattoo's since I was a kid and thought they were fucking cool as shit. I've always wanted one and it was really just a question of when. Will I regret mine when I'm old? Most likely. Will I regret not getting one? Guaranteed.

15. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole "you'll regret it when your older" argument is shit. Sure, if you get a strip of bacon and two eggs shaped into a smiley face on your ass (like a dude I went to high school with) you may regret it (I wouldn't), but seriously, if you use even a slight bit of common sense when you get a tattoo, then I don't see any reason why you would regret it. When you get old and stuffy, that tattoo will be a fresh reminder of what mindset you were in when you got it. Most of the older folks I've met look back on their wild years with teary eyes and nostalgic hearts. My Grandpa got a skunk on his shoulder in the Navy (among other ones), and he still fucking loves it. Sure, it's stupid and childish, but it makes him think back to his old wild Navy days.

In my mind, the people that regret tat's are the stupid ones. Not the ones that didn't get one because they were afraid.

16. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A valid point, but come on: all of the world's artists and architects will never come close to the level of perfection that is the female breast or ass, and those are body parts where aesthetics have absolutely no effect on function.

17. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

(In my best TV Evangalist voice) GAWD is the GREATEST artist of ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

18. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A video from my favourite physicians ever:

#1318 ghettoastronaut, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not a fan of tattoos in general. But I really want to fuck something like this one day:

Attached Files:

20. Subito

Subito
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Answer to a previous question: the wrinkled skin on your dog's elbows is normal (unless it gets to the point where it bleeds), it's just from lying on the elbow constantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.