Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Awake? Let's Do This- WDT 2/18/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Last night, I took The Wife to a pretty nice, upscale restaurant in my area, and it was absolutely delightful. I'm talking lobster and polenta "tamales" with smoked chipotle, scallops with a mushroom and bacon risotto, turtle soup- the whole nine yards. And to make it even better, I'm good friends with the sous chef, so he treated us with a small tasting plate of duck confit with a gastrique of orange wine, and a white chocolate and sliced apple cheesecake for dessert. It was awesome.

To make it even better, I don't have to go into work today until around noon, so I decided to have "a few" bourbon drinks and a bottle of wine with my meal which, with me still being in lightweight mode, had me just a tad loopy. I figured that I'd get nice and toasty, and then finally sleep in for once, as I normally get up somewhere between 5 and 5:30 every morning.

But NOOOOOO, my internal clock says. It let me sleep late alright- right to about 5:45. Gotta love an extra 15 minutes, I'll tell ya. The good thing is that my hangover is actually at its very minimum, so I guess I'll spend my extra time this morning being productive or something. Grumble Grumble... Goddamn Internal Clock...

Oh, and another thing I wanna gripe about- what the hell is up with people hugging so tight nowadays? Those of you who have had broken ribs before know that even after they have supposedly "fully healed", they are still pretty sore for a long period of time after the fact. I had 6 broken ribs after my accident, and because I was pretty much laid up for a 2 month stretch, I'm just now seeing a lot of people for the first time since while I'm out and about. And I don't know why but they ALL insist on giant bear hugs which, with 6 recovering ribs, EFFING HURTS. I've gotten to where I can spot the friggin' Ziengief wannabes from afar, and can quickly call out an "EASY, EASY" before the rush in to apply their very best death grips.

Well, since I'm awake and ready to drink again tonight, I bet some of you are as well. No point in putting off the inevitable, right?

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have some Stone's Double Bastard awaiting me tonight, and a local bar who gets a lot of small-run brews is tapping a keg of Bell's Hopslam on Sunday, which I am very excited for. Bell's Two Hearted is awesome, I have high hopes for Hopslam.

It will be a beer-filled weekend.

3. jay r n

jay r n
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Scored a second date with a cougar bartender. Shits getting real now we are going to take all the kids (my two and her three) sledding down an icy dangerous hill because I'm a responsible father. Fuck the fact that it's nine thirty, today is my bitch. Here goes the first beer down the hatch for today! Good day people.

4. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I'm late to the party on a lot of bar trends, but...

A fucking PICKLEBACK shot? A shot of whiskey, Jamison's in our case, followed by a shot of Pickle juice.

1) Who the fuck thought of this.
    2) Why does it work so well? I mean, I hate shots but this was delicious
    3) Why has it done to my insides?

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anything acidic works. Pickle juice sounds kinda gross but a friend introduced me to lime juice and whiskey. He gets a half shot of lime juice and a shot of whiskey, shoot half the lime juice, then the whiskey, then the other half of the lime juice. It's not really like a "chaser" that's designed to remove the taste of the shot, you can still distinctly taste the whiskey (which I like).

6. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I woke up at 4:30 this morning. I am a ridiculously early riser. It's a family curse. At 5:39 AM, my 6 year old, who has inherited this unfortunate trait, came down the stairs. As it happens, I was looking at a FARK.com thread on the Kardashians.

"Daddy, what does D-A-T A-S-S spell"?

I had no answer.

I have every intention of educating that boy so that he knows everything there is to know about everything before he leaves this house.

The answer to the above question, however, is something he will have to figure out himself.

7. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a dick measuring thing. Same thing as the guys who don't understand the difference between a firm handshake and mafioso intimidation tactics.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes Im awake and it fucking sucks. Im sicker than Ive been in years. Ive had the runs every hour or so for two days straight and a nasty fucking cold. I also ralphed my lunch today, my first time vomiting from anything other than alcohol in as long as I can remember. I finally started getting some liquids down a few hours ago but I cant fall asleep. So Ive been watching my ultra violent trilogy, Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers, and A ClockWork Orange.

9. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just did my first official editing for my new site.

Time for beer.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm flooring my laundry room and enjoying green stuff while the wife and daughter are out.

Let's get this thread started of with some magic. A little CDO will cure ya'll:

#10 Crown Royal, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  11. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Presidents Day on Monday means that we get a 3 day weekend. Me not flying yesterday or today means that I get a 5 day weekend!!!

12. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck. Is this a federal holiday? I do not need another day with the parents home.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to get fucked up this weekend in celebration of my jobs starting next week and the loss of the weekend being just another day to wake-up and do shit. Getting back to the 9-5 grind will once again put emphasis on the weekend being an important aspect of life. Bottoms up.

14. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No one likes a braggart.

Congrats on the new job.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would like to add this information to this discussion:

Attached Files:

16. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yes!! I totally forgot about this! I'm definitely getting fucked up this weekend after all. Paid time off, for the win.

Also, brewing an Oat Nut Stout and a Pale Ale, and finally bottling my Oktoberfest. Oh, and snowmobiling.

17. magz

magz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hopslam is unbelievable when served in a chilled glass from the tap. A local bar that I frequent got a couple of kegs of it recently, and being friends with the servers meant I was drinking $3 pints of it one night. Just a tip, it's 10% a.b.v so plan accordingly.

18. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I decided to take a half day today. After the blizzard last week and the week before, it's now sunny and in the 60's and 70's, and I didn't feel like being suck at a desk on such a nice day.

Now I just need to decide if I should get drunk tonight or not.

19. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

True, but have you considered this information?
    [​IMG]

20. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love lamp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.