Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/6/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Arizona is basically California without the famous people, beaches, or hyper-liberal colleges.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

El husband is from Southern Cali, Riverside specifically. His favorite thing was how he was located an hour away from the beach, the mountains, the desert. I visited and California really is amazingly gorgeous. It was a bit depressing being in the more populated areas on top of a hill, though. For miles, at every point you could see, was developed. Miles and miles of houses and stores in every direction.

Big Bear Mountain was awesome, though.

Also, northern cali was great. My sister lived there for awhile and I stayed with her for the summer one year in high school. N. California is definitely full of fruits and nuts but they have some pretty strict rules protecting the beauty there. I can appreciate that.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I loved Northern California. It really is natural beauty, The Redwood Forest is a must but don't drive through it if you get car sick easily, or NOT easily for that matter. It winds so much it was the only time I was car sick in my entire life.

But go south, because Death Valley is fucking unbelievable. If you can handle being in the hottest place in the Western hemisphere, it's like an alien planet. Nothing is like it anywhere, particularly The Racetrack (which is Ripley's Believe It Or Not! come to life), The Devil's Cornfield and of course Badwater Basin. The place feels haunted and sends chills up your spine.

4. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Look everyone, it's Crystal Metheney! Not surprisingly, it's Florida.

[​IMG]

5. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Aw, I thought she would've been busted for crystal meth. Shooting into an occupied vehicle? She's not doing her name justice.

6. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't follow soccer/football much. But I do wish we would extend American hegemony to the game. Having to rely on a German coach and citizens raised abroad is embarrassing.

In other soccer news, the British team visited an orphanage on Monday. "It was quite sad seeing all of their faces dejected and hopeless," said Jose age 6.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They just used stun grenades in fifty protesters in São Paulo at the World Cup opener. Fifty. Why is the Oakland Police working in Brazil?

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Welcome to international soccer. Spain is the defending champs and a potential favorite to win again and they are trotting out Diego Costa who didn't even move to Spain until he was almost 20. Plenty of other countries have players with tenuous ties or players who have citizenship just from playing professional in said country. And those aren't in countries with the battle for talent amongst many major sports like the US. I'm more ok with the US doing it now that they are poaching players who were desired by European international teams (Julian Green and likely Gideon Zalalem) as opposed to leftovers the German national team and others didn't want.

9. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every time I see someone in a crowd holding up their big ass tablet or iPad to take a photo, I wish they'd get hit by a cattle prod.

I really like this... just imagining her like "Left titty? Right titty? Fuck it... going topless!"

[​IMG]

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

More than 75% of the players are supplied by Europe alone in this Cup.

11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm guessing you could Google up "wall mount bracket for (insert make and model here)" and get all the info you need. I have no idea if the brackets and mounts are all compatible though. I just got word from my new landlord that we can put the TV on the wall so I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough too.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jealous much? You probably wish you were sitting on a Starbucks patio with one right now, polishing it with that faggy sham cloth every two minutes while sporting a shit-eating grin. But not TOO much polishing, that Oscar-winning screenplay about heroic anarchists ain't gonna write itself.

13. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey it's just what I would do, someone here will probably know exactly what to do.

14. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know that the part that attaches to the tv is standardized. I don't know about the side that attaches to the wall.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The side that attaches to the wall is only based on the size of the TV.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What is this word "betch" I've seen lately? Is this a form of bitch? Am I missing something? And should I hate anyone who might refer to themselves as one?

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There's a flat panel display mount standard created by and generally known as VESA, and just about every wall mount and display are compatible as a result.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Display_Mounting_Interface" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Displ ... _Interface</a>

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Pretty much. The same type of people who actually think "YOLO" is cool are the types to say it. You know, people who we wish didn't exist. And yes, you should hate anybody that used it.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

20. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wayyy back in 2007, there was this...

...which spawned girls calling each other and everyone "betch" at my high school for the second half of my senior year.

#320 katokoch, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.