Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

3/28/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Mr Snakey is getting teabagged.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So my sister is getting a true rescue dog. They should have him by Sunday. He was a stray in Arkansas and some people picked up this big, sweet Lab/Dane mix. Does anyone here have any experience with former strays? Any tips for when they pick him up? Apparently is assimilating very well to his foster home, but its always possible for things to pop up later on.

3. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

An April Fools joke here in Australia. Was pretty well done.

#183 Bundy Bear, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dern warrior

Please, woman. If that were me, I would totally switch to air drums at the correct places. But, other than that - that's about right.

#184 Rush-O-Matic, Apr 2, 2014
  5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Buddy was a stray. He was caught in a feral dog trap behind a store in Hawaii and we found him at the SPCA there.

Buddy is the most loyal, attached, obedient dog that I have ever come across. Bar none. He had some mild aggression issues (a short fuse, if that means anything to you) when we first got him towards other dogs, mostly out of fear I think, but we trained him out of that completely and he ignores all other dogs now. Well, except that one who came into our parents' backyard a couple weeks ago. That dog started shit with Buddy, Buddy ran him off the property and came back. Pretty sweet, actually.

What worked for us was to just be as consistent and calm as possible. The couple of times that el husband yelled at him because he was jumping up on him when he got in the door after work made him pee. No bueno. Be calm, firm, and affectionate when it is appropriate. There are certain tricks to get your dog to stop certain behavior, like the jumping up thing, but it all comes down to those 3 things.

6. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Re: My dern warrior

Did you win?

There was a guy at the gym last night wearing one of those headbands. I think they're making a comeback.

#186 happyfunball, Apr 2, 2014
  7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Awesome, thanks for the advice. If my sisters dog turns out to be anything like Buddy I think she'll be really happy. One thing they're going to do is let him sleep in his crate when they first get him. Apparently he is crate trained and takes to it well, so they don't want to overwhelm him at first.

8. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So I have a male friend/ex co-worker who I've known for the past 6 years (we'll call him Joe). He and I have been friends during our relationships with other people - he lived with a girl for about 8 years and I was off and one with a guy for about 5 1/2 years - we've always talked to each other through the trials and supported each other, etc. I've never been attracted to him, I saw him simply as a good friend.

About 3 months ago, he and his long term gf broke up and she moved out. I'd been off and on with my guy for quite some time and have been at a point for the past 6 months where I decided I'm ready to move on. Subsequently, he got on Match and then we were talking a lot about the various girls he was meeting/dating. So last week, I was out with a friend of mine and I mentioned to her that Joe and his gf had broken up. She knows him and she expressed some interest in dating him, so I thought to myself that I'd inquire about it with him later. About an hour later, I got a text from him asking what I was up to. I replied that I was drinking with my friend and I took that time to ask him about his potential interest in her (although I didn't tell her that I was doing that in case he wasn't interested). He replied that he wasn't interested and then he said "I want you Soonergal... holding out for you... you will love me some day... you will be mine". I was a bit stunned so I replied "you're drunk". His reply back to me was "No, just got home from traveling, I'm sober. Please come make love to me tonight". Never in my 6 year friendship with him has he ever expressed any interest and nothing physical has ever happened aside from ONE hug that was purely platonic.

Consequently, I am completely creeped out. I haven't spoken to him since even though he's tried to reach out to me. WTF? Is this common? Do dudes secretly have a thing for their female friends but not express it? I would've taken it a lot better if he'd have said it more along the lines of "Hey Soonergal, I've been thinking that I'd like to talk about taking our friendship into something different... blah, blah".... but the "you will love me someday... you will be mine...please come make love to me tonight" is completely creepy to me.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing? Whether you be the one who has been attracted to a friend of the opposite sex or have a friend who out of the blue expressed that they had feelings for you?

9. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Run. Run fast. Run far.

10. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To keep it simple and concise, yes, yes they do. Most guys want to get with their female friends, most of their friends anyway. There are some friends who are just friends, but if they are attractive, dudes do secretly have a thing for their female friends but don't express it.

Sounds like its about time to change your number. This guy sounds silence of the lambs-ish.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

^^^

This. This guy wants to wear your skin.

12. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has a guy ever said "one day you will be mine", and a woman hasn't run in terror?

13. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

#193 Angel_1756, Apr 2, 2014
  14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's sad that do many guys still don't realize that creepy Lord Byron shit is... creepy. Gah.

Some dudes just seem to think that life is the movies, where persistence pays off. That's not persistence, it's called "stalking" and there isn't a female alive that doesn't have an aversion to it.

15. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I could be attracted to a friend but it wouldn't be any different than being attracted to another female. I think the key word to your post is "if they are attractive."

Regardless... Soonergal I'd make it clear to him that ain't gonna happen, and I have a shotgun you can borrow in the meantime.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I made homemade doggy treats for Duke. Let him sample a couple...Now he's running around the living room doing all the cute things trying to earn more.

Until we moved to the east coast I'd never heard of a split level home. Now that we have one...these things are stupid. There are stairs. I have to go up or down stairs all the time no matter what. Throw in that...i have NO idea what they were thinking when they built and finished the downstairs portion of the house...it's very confusing.

But seriously. Fuck stairs.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah he couldn't have worded it worse. Maybe dude is just a total boner when it comes to social cues. Otherwise the secret harboring of feelings/wanting to hook up is run of the mill.

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dunno, is there any way to re-word this without it being over the line? Good luck with that.
    It is especially creepy in context, having known each other for six years.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If a six-year build up lead to him saying THAT, I don't want to be within a hundred feet of him acting on impulse.

20. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm fairly certain even Durbanite would refrain from saying that due to creepiness. Hell, even those bizarre pick up artist folk would have to understand that phrase comes off less "I have feelings for you" and more "I am going to wear your skin like a coat."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.