Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2023 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rush-O-Matic, May 12, 2023.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IMO, both Detroit and Baltimore tried to be too clever.

Campbell tried to stick to his "risk taker" identity too much without taking into account the game context. I think he would have done better to evaluate the way the game was going instead of blindly sticking with the analytics - analytics are important but football is too dynamic for the current batch of statistics to tell the whole story. But in the end they got lost due to other factors; a few drops, a fumble at the goal line, a bad luck helmet bounce.

Baltimore... I just don't even know what that was. They ran the ball 8 times. EIGHT. Comically bad game plan. The OC should be fired into the sun for that.

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure if s/ or not but rumor mill is that she might not be there due to a Tokyo concert the night before. Technically she can make it, but that's a brutal trip.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, it's a brutal trip for me and you, but I think she can probably afford to fly private and sleep on the flight.

4. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know Dan has been ultra aggressive all year, but not going for the field goal in the third quarter was stupid in that situation. And then Reynold awful drops, woof.

The Raven had the best run offense in the league and the Chiefs have one of the worst run defenses in the league. The Bills had 189 yards rushing the previous week. They ran the ball 11 times during the game and only gave it to the running backs 6 times. Down only 10 during all of the 2nd half. That loss is on the coaching staff. Just dumb as hell not to run the ball down the Chiefs throat.

5. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heh, I just posted the same thing before seeing your reply.

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even a Dolphins fan can be right once in a while.

7. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Regardless of why, my 49ers are back in the SuperBowl and I am ready for them to get revenge on the Chiefs for their previous SuperBowl loss. I hope the 49ers come up with a better defense than the two previous wins to get into the game. Andy Reid is not going to make game day mistakes that the Packers and Lions did.

Regardless, I am hopeful for the game. I am not however going to Las Vegas even though it is an hour plane flight to see the buildup and all that. That city can just burn for all I care about it anymore.

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll still make some good food and watch some of it. But I won't be too disappointed if the kid steals the remote and switches to Kick Buttowski, Suburban Daredevil.

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We’ll be having a bunch of friends over in what is an annual event. The game itself is often secondary to a good excuse for a mid-winter get together. For the first time in a long time I’m not in any pools.

10. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. I am not taking this loss very well and for the most part I really just enjoy the game regardless of the outcome. However, now I am beginning to know how Viking, Bengal and Bills fans when you keep coming up a game shrot.

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to Monday morning armchair quarterback it and say that the Niners should've went for it on 4th and 4 on the 9 yard line.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to armchair quarterback and say their kicker shouldn't have missed the XP.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Considering he has no issues when he subsequently punted the ball 60 yards through the uprights multiple times.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

His issue was nerves. That's why he missed and then he put the extra on the rest of the game. IMO that is. Not that he can't kick the ball because obviously that was a none issue, same with the other kicker for that matter.

The first half was a snore fest. The halftime show was....confusing and the commercials were pretty good. I never say this but I am glad this season is over, 6 month drought or not. I think everyone just needs to calm down. Pun 1000% intended. If you know you know.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bills have gone full blown mini-rebuild.

Lost their safety tandem, one of the best corners in the league (when healthy), their starting center and their #2 receiver. Just traded their #1 receiver (Diggs) to Houston.

All pretty sensible moves but man, the team is going to look at lot different next year.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Diggs was kind of toxic. I wish he hadn't gone to Houston, because I think they will be a legit contender next year.

Dude was unquestionably talented, and I think he's gotten as close to a ring as he's going to get.