Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2023 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rush-O-Matic, May 12, 2023.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

when bass came out I told my wife watch he's gonna miss this. Then he lined up and I said "it's going wide right too."

So now she thinks I'm a witch.

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I groaned.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

hey at least he didn't drop it

4. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IMG_5160_20240122_104031.jpg

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Allen were 2 years older, he'd be a big piece of trade bait on a rebuild. Right now, I just see the Bills as the icy version of the Chargers.

Also, to be fair, that division is only going to be more competitive. Miami, NY with A-aron, and a NE with nothing to lose make getting to the playoffs with a shot at playing at home, first round byes, etc. ever more distant. This was totally the year. It's a brutal let-down.

I don't see Diggs back for next year, traded for some draft picks to save cap room.

Also, I see the Bills pursuing folks like Von Miller AFTER the trade deadline, ie, bringing on retired vets later in the year, rather than losing them to injury in the regular season.

That kicker lives in fear of the entire state of NY.

6. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bass would've made that kick if they were in a dome. Yet Buffalo refuses to acknowledge that they live in a wintery hellscape that has yet again cost them a chance at winning a title.

7. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm talking specifically about the last drive of the game. They come out of the 2 minute warning and he forces the ball into the end zone for absolutely no reason on consecutive downs. Diggs was wide open underneath on the first of them for what would have been an easy first down.

That said, even if the field goal was good I really doubt the Bills would have been able to stop the Chiefs from getting a walk off field goal.

8. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This post shows exactly what I'm talking about.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1749264345429684717

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First, I think that post starts with a fundamentally wrong statement. A TD is critical in that situation. KC has 2 TOs and 2 minutes left, and if it's a tie game they only need a field goal. They've got two of the best players in the league on offense. Saying the Bills don't want/need a TD is stupid - it's like Sharp didn't even see the 13 second game. You acknowledged that yourself.

The first throw was there, it was just missed. I don't see a bad decision there, and Diggs was well short of the sticks with two defenders going his way so "easy first down" is stretching it. That leaves you with needing a bigger second completion. There was nobody open for a first down on the second throw.

10. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As tired as I am of Tyler Bass missing when it counts the most, the idea that people are harassing and sending him death threats is absolutely appalling to me.

11. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd love to see anyone making harassing comments/death threats get a lifetime ban from ALL sports. If it were possible, I'd ban them from even being able to watch a sporting event on their TV at home.

Until the people who perpetuate this kind of behavior are called out publicly and forced to face real consequences, it'll sadly never end.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of course behavior like that is inexcusable but I can't say I'm surprised. Saw one fan sporting a new Bills SB Champs tatt when they haven't even won their Div game. Another grown ass man was crying after they missed the FG and all the viral vids of idiots punching their TV's, ripping them off the wall etc. Just stupid.

13. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A really shitty tattoo, too. Most prison tats look like priceless art compared to that abomination.

14. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Bills correctly burned time letting the clock run down to the 2 minute warning. Of course you want a TD, but you don't want to leave Mahomes with close to 2 minutes left and 2 timeouts. It's situational football. The chance of the Bills stopping them from scoring a TD in that scenario is slim as hell.

Even if Diggs doesn't get the first down it moves you closer and if he goes down in bounds either more time is burned off the clock or KC has to burn a timeout. On the third down the receiver on the far left is open. Same situation as second down in regards to time left on the clock.

Looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Instead, can y'all just have a fist fight? Or, an online chess duel? Loser has to get a Bills tattoo on their neck.

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a Dolphins fan that's a hell no.

17. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My suggestion was going to be that the loser has to jump from the top of an RV through a plastic table that's been set on fire... then I realized we're talking about Bills fans here and they do that just to get ready for the games.

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Neither team I wanted to survive the weekend did. As much as I hate the Lions I was really pulling for them to make it to the SB. It would have been history. They had them and then just fucking fell apart.

As for the Ravens loss, that just proves one guy cannot win the game practically alone. I will say that pass he threw that was deflected at the line only for him to CATCH HIS OWN PASS and take it for another what 8 or more yards, was something to see.

I don't like either team left but my hatred for the Niners runs deep, since they've messed with my shit for a few seasons in a row now, fuck them. Go Chiefs I guess. Hope the commercials are good this year because I don't see Usher exactly rockin' the house. Then again I didn't think I'd like Rihanna but hers was one of my most liked in recent years.

19. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

a niners/chiefs SB just doesn't really move the needle for anyone outside their fanbase. I know I'll have better things to do than watch that SoSo Bowl

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BUT TAYLOR WILL BE THERE!