Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2014 NFL Season (Pre&Regular)

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

my team was shit last season, so i'll take the small victories - hollow as they are - however i can get them.

2. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

look at what puffman said, sure it is practice, but this is the second straight practice in which their offense was terrible and their defense got their shit pushed in. the texans were terrible in their first game and made adjustments to get better in their second game.

yes its pre-season, yes its practice, but i don't think anyone, especially harbaugh's psycho ass, is going to be psyched about being outscored 57-3 in 2 games, or brush it off. that tells me you have a pretty piss poor second string and if kapernick gets hurt and gabbert has the reins, it could be rough. all 3 broncos' qbs had passer ratings over 115.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

well it could be nothing or it could be indicative that they were talking about trading their coach who hasn't posted a season worse than 11-5 to the goddamn browns. who knows?

i just know there have many a times where a team has shit the bed in the playoffs then got busy in the playoffs.

4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

griffin has been called for a false start twice, thrown a pick and fumbled the ball away, and looks like a drunk when he tries to slide. the 1st quarter hasn't ended yet.

on the flip side, cleveland has no first downs, no completed passes, and 17 total yards.

edit: cleveland completed their first pass; a checkdown pass to the fullback. gruden praises manziel gushingly.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

how long before espn just sucks manziel's dick on camera?

jesus christ, he's a rookie backup quarterback, not emperor football.

can someone explain why there's so much hype about a qb for the goddamned cleveland browns? it comes off as celebrating the garbage man who touched the least used condoms that day.

6. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

if they want to focus on a rookie qb so bad, why not talk about bortles? he looks like the real deal straight away.

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

espn has a vested interest in promoting the sec and the heisman trophy. they also seem to think he's going to be joe namath. the kid's basically been a tmz wet dream so far.

he's not a great football player though. he didn't do shit except beat alabama once in the regular season. i think bridgewater, bortles, carr, and maybe a few others will have more significant careers than manzeil. they'll get him in a booth somewhere afterward, though.

8. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i went to the game last night. sure it's only the second preseason game and he's a rookie, but he did not look all that comfortable or confident. a lot of passes that should've been better and a lot of 'fuck it, i'm just going to run' moments when he had receivers in positions he could've thrown to.

i have a feeling his legacy will end up somewhere between ryan leaf and tim tebow. with his displayed lack of maturity i'm guessing closer towards leaf.

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

shaw look as good as the obviously biased media around here is saying?

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

how did the crowd react to his middle finger? did anyone catch it?

watching him i'd have to agree, he's way too quick to run if there is medium to high pocket pressure unless the pass is super easy. i love johnny football the personality, but i would not be gunning to be starter if i was him. he needs to just get used to nfl football for a bit, because running like he does is going to get him killed.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

well that's just ignorant. kid had a hell of a college career. if a&m had a defense, he would have played in 2 bcs games easy, he did everything he could on his end. now i will grant you that being a great college football player and a great nfl player are vastly different things, and i think the fact that he is generously listed at 6' and plays with a style that hasn't translated well to the nfl in the past will hurt him. bridgewater looked very good and bortles/carr have more traditional skillsets. however, its way too early for people to gleefully label him a bust and throw dirt on his grave. like parker said, the best thing for him is to have hoyer win the starting job and let him develop for a bit.

this pearl-clutching outrage is so dumb as if it somehow is a root cause of his play. every stupid old school respectable football analyst wants manziel to be milquetoast like neckbeard luck. if manziel is a success, it wont be from turning into a button up, pocket passer, it will be because he figures out how to be patient and stop throwing behind his receivers, all while thriving off trash talk, still to the chagrin of schlereth and other mouthbreathers like merril hoge.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

he needs to play like a healthier version of a white michael vick. unless somehow he becomes drew brees with sniper precision. also, manziel criticism needs to calm down. they're trying to judge him as a potential starter, but they have him playing with the shittiest of the shit shit. now if his #1 wr was a fucking retard and was playing then we can see if he can hit an open receiver. he had a few bad drops last night from his receivers.

and shaw looked pretty good, but the corners on the field were compost pile garbage. his wrs were getting open on the simplest of moves, it wasn't even fair. it basically was "fade route deep....td."

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

espn today was discussing today how having too much success, too fast might be dangerous for him.

a bit quick on the draw there for a player who is not his team's starter yet, and has a qb rating in the 70s in preseason.

14. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

that's what i figured. my biggest gripe with him here is that he wouldn't throw it unless the guy was wide open and that's not going to happen with nfl caliber players. he's going to have to be able/willing to thread a needle and throw guys open.

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

not even into regular season and he's flipping off the opposing bench? really? he's got a lot of growing up to do. if he doesn't learn some basics he's going to go down from an injury or overall bad attitude.

did you guys see rg's slide? wtf? that's basic shit and he almost took himself out of the game. do not bend your knees dude. god damn. even i know that.

i won't even get into his false starts. whoa. if things keep up like they are in pre season (not likely but still) it sure looks like the vetrans are going to outplay the youngins'.

16. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i felt shaw looked the most impressive between the three. granted it was the end of a preseason game with no starters in, but his drive down the field in the final two minutes impressed me. he looked poised and made smart decisions all they way down the field.

i don't think much of the crowd caught it. neither i or my buddy i went with knew he did it until we read about it this morning. i'm curious how he would've looked with the starting receivers. he had a fair share of catchable balls dropped, but more than a few while technically catchable were behind, low, etc and asking a lot of the receiver to complete.

personally, i think it'd make for a long season, but i think they should keep him at #2 and give him the time to develop. i think it'd also help calm some of the ego before it blows up in his face. let's face it, the browns don't exactly have a great track record with quarterbacks...how many qb's had careers die there?

17. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

pittsburgh is prepared to welcome manziel

[​IMG]

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

it'd be such a shame if manziel isn't at least decent. he's just so goddamn entertaining. i saved the middle finger gif on my phone just to send to all my friends.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

well so far today after stopping at the store i've seen several seachicken shirts. preseason or not, that stadium is gonna be loud as fuck.

and if they win i'll have to hear about it all next week at the office. shoot me now.

upside, at least i get to watch a game on tv.

edit: the packers game is on tonight and i'll actually be able to watch it. i am so excited.

edit ppss: i better have not just fucking jinxed it.

20. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

pats looked very good today. aside from a couple of whoopsies on offense with brady and a couple of running backs tripping, they beat the shit out of the panthers pretty handily.

i'm actually pretty surprised by how the pats defense is actually halfway decent this year, barring no injuries. historically, the defense has been "lacking," as in "we need to put massive numbers of points on the board, as the defense should have been replaced with planks with angry faces on them a long time ago." chandler jones was a welcome surprise, and he'll be a great addition to wilfork, mayo, hightower, nink, and... whoever the fuck they put at safety. the cornerbacks are probably going to be crap, though. we don't have aqib talib to rough people up. then again, he'd probably be drawing dozens of illegal contact penalties, the way he plays.

i think their biggest problem right now is a lack of receiving talent and a mediocre offensive line. assuming the traditional massive number of injuries that the receivers are going to incur, my guess is that bill is going to be recruiting random people outside of the local buffalo wild wings for wide receiver around week 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.