Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chargers put a Stompin on KC today, now we just need to win out, and them to lose one more.

I'm betting Cassel won't be 100% this coming week against the Rams, here's hoping for a minor miracle. Hey, they've pulled it off before (the Chargers, that is).

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He should be fired no other punishment would suit. I kind of understand that he made a stupid decision in a split second on the sideline but it was flatout classless. If a player did it you kind of get it, the emotion and the competitiveness but when a trainer does it? Big black eye for the Jet's and Sanchez's performance on top of it and it's a lousy day for the team.

In other news how awful is Philly's offensive line? I can't tell if it's because idiot Andy Reid has them pass 70% of the time so it looks like tons of pressure on Vick or if it is indeed a terrible line. The Eagles are one of the only teams in football that can score with the Pats, however give Belichik a glaringly obvious problem like that and he will destroy you.

R.I.P. Green Bay's playoff hopes. It's always a shame when a team goes down because of a key injury, another reason in my opinion to keep the schedule at 16.

3. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Fixed that for you.

*shudder*

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Q

I just sat there starring at the screen thinking, did I really just see what the fuck I saw? It cannot be. And that interception, oh sorry rather, the hot potato pass, I almost punched myself. HOLD ON TO THE FUCKING BALL. Fuck. All they put up was 3. REALLY? Against the Lions, who beat you with ONE FUCKING TD. To a now 3-10 team. WHAT?! Jesus Christ. I'm hyperventalting.

Shit, fuck, god dammit, hairy smelly balls, just fucking BAD.

This goes to show without Rodgers, they are fucked. Not good.

5. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, Aaron Rodgers had 46 passing yards with a pick in almost a whole half...

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

They looked like shit on both sides of the ball. Every single one of them. With a showing like that, they don't deserve to be in the play offs anyway, not even on the wildcard.

I am so pissed.

The only thing that made me happy yesterday was the molestation of the Bears.

7. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Get in line.

8. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still Rogers is a stud. Considering Detroit only managed seven points I'm going with a Rogers lead Packer team to win that game in the second half. Great players have bad quarters all the time.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rodgers' pick was a perfectly thrown ball that should have been a 73 yard touchdown.

Keep in mind he only had 11 attempts at that point. 46 yards still looks bad, but it's to be expected when your receivers make mistakes like that. It's kind of sad that with two carries he was also the leading rusher on our team (including the game time after he went down). There's no way to predict outcomes in 'what if x didn't happen' scenarios, but it's pretty hard to believe Detroit still would have won this game had Rodgers stayed in. Green Bay's offense goes from above average to abysmal with him out.

#589 Kampf Trinker, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  10. JeffPrevails

JeffPrevails
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Wow I didn't see that Jennings drop, ouch. That was almost as bad as the Santonio Holmes wide open drop of a lob to the endzone. Both touchdowns would have swayed either game. I fully believe the Packers would've won that game with Rodgers in the second half, but unfortunately for them he got injured in one of the most pivotal games of their season and nobody else on the team stepped up to the plate. Now they will be in a nice little race with the Giants and Bucs down the stretch.

On another note, there's two MNF games tonight and they both seem kind of lackluster other than that we'll get to see if the Giants or Ravens are for real as they're both playing spoiler-capable teams.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Crucify me all you want about not being a real fan or not, Mike already cross-examined me about being from Chicago being a Bears fan, but still being quietly in love with the Patriots...but holy shit that game wasn't even fun to watch. I was all excited about Rogers getting knocked out and the Bears are going to at least compete, but nope. They even put the sandpaper condom on the Patriots and bent over without even being asked.

I wanted a competitive fucking game, and that shit wasn't even fair. If anyone watched that game from me, I sounded like a robot analyzing because I was complaining about everything on both sides of the ball for both teams.

Fucking Tillman, fire his ass. He gets a pick every fourth game to save his job but he is a useless fucking corner. I knew this shit when Steve Smith (who is damn near a foot shorter) smoked his ass in the 05 playoffs. Does he know who the fuck Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are? Why did he take the play off and jog on that play with these fuckers already putting up 21 points on you? I didn't even watch the last 7 minutes of the game. There wasn't one fucking part of that game the Bears looked like they were comfortable in their own field, or had any confidence. Even when they scored the touchdown it was like they were scared to get it in.

Also, we HAVE to give a should out to Jake Feeley for the FG fake TD run. Yes it's the Cardinals, but he's like 40, and he ran that shit in like I've never seen a kicker run before. I saw that shit and I laughed my ass off. That was some good football. Too bad they're on the fourth string quarterback.

12. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oops. I started watching in the second quarter, so didn't catch that. And their field goal possibly could have been another 7, with a challenge on the other Jennings play. Did anyone see any better replays? They kind of ignored it on the telecast. I thought it looked like a catch.

Detroit's Dline was playing pretty dominant all game though, regardless of who was playing QB

Yes, it is. If Detroit didn't have to play with third stringer Drew Stanton, they probably could've beaten Rodgers, the way the game was looking. Shaun Hill's not great but he's significantly better than Stanton. And, in the brief time we've seen Stafford this season, he's looked pretty darn good too.

If they had Stafford all season, it's not unreasonable to say they may have 5 or 6 wins instead of 3.

13. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Funny Aaron Rodgers Interception. FUNNY. WTF was funny about that? NOTHING.

Badly played routes, horrible play calling and the loss of the starting QB....also not funny. Just to be clear. By the time we left the bar, I had a headache. I asked the bartender before we left (who I know very well) if she had anything. She came back with excedrin migraines and a vicodin. Her tip was doubled. I love her.

14. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly that Bear team has to be the biggest question mark in the NFC. What team will show up? A team that can put up 31 points against the Eagles? Or Sundays absolute disgrace. Truthfully the Bears are not that bad, the Pats are smokin hot and are without a doubt the best team in football when they have a lead of ten points or more.

FOCUS: Come up with an argument on what team could beat the Patriots right now and how. (I know they are not automatically in the superbowl but they are clearly the favorite right now) I will be preparing my Eagles argument shortly.

15. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Bucs may be on the outside looking in at 8-5 right now, but they have the most favorable schedule of all the wildcard viable teams.

TB [8-5] gets DET, SEA, @NO
    PHI [9-4] @NYG, vs. MIN, vs. DAL
    NYG [8-4] @MIN, vs. PHI, @GB, @WAS
    GB [8-5] @NE, vs. NYG, vs. CHI
    NO [10-3] @BAL, @ATL, vs. TB

Saints look locked in with 10 wins, but they play two teams on the road against the better home teams in the NFL. They could conceivably lose both while the Bucs beat two of the worst road teams in the NFL to setup a do-or-die in Week 17. They'd both be 8-3 in their conference and would end up with the same in-division record if Tampa Bay wins. Against common opponents, the Bucs would be 8-4 and the Saints would be 7-5, so the Bucs would clinch the wildcard on a third tiebreaker. Not TOTALLY out of the question.

Green Bay lost Rodgers midway through the Detroit game and that was huge for the Bucs for them to lose to Detroit. That dropped them into a tie with Tampa Bay. Green Bay could potentially lose all three of their remaining games as they are all against playoff caliber teams. They look to be in the worst shape to get into the playoffs, and if they end up somehow in a tie with Tampa Bay, Tampa would have the better in-conference record likely.

If the Giants lose to Minnesota tonight, Philly can lock up the East with a win over the Giants the following week as they would be 2-up with 2 to play and would have the 2-0 against the Giants in case they fall into a tie. That's actually the best thing for Tampa is to hope Philly wins the division and the Giants falter down the stretch. The Giants schedule is decently favorable though with the only game I wouldn't expect them to win being the Philadelphia one. If Rodgers is back, @GB is a tough one. Washington is garbage. Minnesota winning tonight would be a huge step for the Bucs as they would be in a tie. But Minny is without Favre, so fat chance on that.

16. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This Texans/Ravens game has been 45 minutes of suck followed by 15 minutes of some of the most exciting football I've seen in a long time.

17. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

After studying all day today, I walked in home at around 13:00 left in overtime of the Texans - Ravens game and was surprised at the score. I thought the Ravens would dominate. I turn to my housemate and go, "Matt Schaub throws a pick-6 to Reed" and walk out of the room. 30 seconds later I here a yell followed by a congratulatory backslap.

It turns out Ed Reed didn't get it, but my timing was impeccable.

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

God dammit. I stopped watching the game in the third. DAMMT! Instead I opted to listen to the McCartney concert on Sirius. Still not a bad trade off.

19. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can someone explain to me how this Bears team is (was) widely considered the favorite to rep the NFC in February? Yesterday's game aside, this is still a team that was only able to beat the fucking Lions (barely) due to questionable officiating...twice. They should very well be 7-6 right now, in addition to being punked in their own stadium yesterday.

Since I've decided to pretend that my team doesn't exist in 2010, I'm just gonna rip on other teams in order to feel good about myself. Right now, it's looking like New England vs. whoever. I'd say either Atlanta or Philly at this point, especially the way Vick has been playing. Imagine if those two ended up playing in the NFC Championship game. Talk about full circle.

20. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Need some help with a Suicide Pool that i'm somehow still in at the week 15 mark.

My best options this week are

SD home against SF
    DAL home against WAS

Washington played pretty well last week. SF is a disaster, but played well last week with Alex Smith breaking out for 3TD.

Then again, Dal played a good game against Philly, and SD just CRUSHED KC.

Help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.