Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually was giving the edge to the Bears for this game, it is a big deal in Chicago. Then ESPN pointed out Bill is 3-0 against Mike, one of those being a little game called the Superbowl. I don't think the Bears have the O line durability to smash the Patriots defense like they need to. They have to get Olsen involved to beat the Patriots. I don't remember the Jets going to their TEs much during the game against the Pats and I believe using balancing WR targets, TE targets and runs will be the key to balancing them. Hopefully Mike doesn't have flashbacks and blow his load on Sunday. The Bears need to win this, the Patriots don't need this win, but they're not going to give it away for anything. Brady apparently is still pissed he was a 6th round pick and doesn't like people talking about his hair.

2. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

I'm giving a slight edge to the Patriots. However, if the Bears' pass rush with Peppers and Idonije can get to Brady and disrupt his timing and throws, then the Bears' zone scheme will have a lot of fun. This is going to be especially true in the red zone.

BUT. Tom Brady aka Carol Brady aka Samson, just needs time in the pocket. If he can make those quick throws and complete on the underneath routes, then he'll have no problem exploiting the zone coverage, he'll keep the time of possession in NE's favour and keep the young defense well rested.

28-21 NE.

EDIT:

Lest we forget. Brady faked the fuck out of Urlacher last time they met. Fuck you it's a big deal to me.

3. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

27-14, New England

4. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I read a story today that said Urlacher said the Bears are the best team in the NFL. HAHAHAHHA!!! Best in the NFL. Oh my God the funny in that statement.

I cannot stand either team but I have way more respect for how the Pats run the field on both sides of the ball than the Bears. They will lose on Sunday and I will love it.

6. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I just don't think Cutler will keep himself under control in this game. This is where I think we'll see a five- or six-interception disaster he's been known to regurgitate. Belichick will likely throw something at Cutler he's never seen before, which means Cutler will probably just toss it up for grabs and into double and triple coverage in a terrible state of confusion throughout the game.

And Urlacher can talk all he wants, but if I remember correctly, Brady and the Pats were able to move the ball efficiently at the right times against the Bears back in 2006, and that was when Brady had, believe it or not, far less talent to work with at the skill positions. These rookie tight ends are the real deal; I expect both of them to have a big game.

7. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Was I the only one doubting the New England team at the beginning of the season? Brady has been remarkable in my opinion, with the weapons he has, and Bellichek was again a beast in the draft.

Heres to hoping the Chargers can cash in a cheap win over the Chiefs without Cassel. I am torn though, because I start Cassel and Charles in my fantasy league. Now I have to start Alex Smith over Cassel, tragic.

8. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At this point, I can't imagine anything else going wrong in Dove Valley, unless Pat Bowlen had a heart attack and died (knock on wood).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/12/9/1867093/dont-sleep-on-eric-studesville" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/12/9 ... tudesville</a>

When was the last time any team in the NFL had such a tumultuous season, both on and off the field? The closest I can think of in recent memory is the 2006 Bengals when they had 9 different players in legal trouble.

9. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still no third down conversions, but the packers are on the board for 3. Woot!

This team is so fucked if Rodgers' concussion keeps him out of more than this game.

12. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That Jennings play looked like a catch to me. Should've challenged. Cost me 6 points + yardage in my fantasy game, damn it.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you could justify firing McCarthy on that one call alone. You call a deep pass with the season on the line on 4th and 1 with Matt fucking Flynn throwing the ball? Season over.

14. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

I agree it was a stupid call, but I thought there was some pass interference since the defender didn't even turn around when he made contact. You could make the case both ways.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It wasn't just a stupid call, it was a completely inexcusable season ruining cluster fuck of a decision. And why even call the time out? There was plenty of time and the lions were playing their line backers too deep allowing the packers to exploit the short middle of the field throughout the drive. After our offense went back out on the field they reset. So now Tampa Bay just won, we play the toughest schedule of any team down stretch, and we still don't know the status of Rodgers. I've always been shaky on McCarthy. This isn't the first time he's tried to pull some home run deep pass out of his ass on 3rd/4th and short. As for the pass interference, it was a borderline, but you can't bank on that hope when you call the play. I think the refs made the right decision, but I tend to favor the defense in those spots.

On a lighter note the pats/bears game should be awesome. There's nothing like bad weather football.

16. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, the Bears are getting flat out embarrassed. It is astonishing, its like the Bears are playing on an ice-skating rink and the Pats are completely unaffected by the weather. You watch Edelman cut and juke, only to see the Bears running like they're afraid they might break in half if they run to fast or cut to hard. It is simply astonishing. The Pats are digging in and blocking, and the Bears defense looks like they're sliding all over and can't get any footing. One cut from a Pats RB is enough to dodge five tacklers from the Bears.

Just wow. I'd call the Packers winning the division if they hadn't just lost to Detroit in another really ugly game. At least the Bears and Pats are playing in a blizzard. The Packers were awful just for the sake of being awful. Even before Rodgers got knocked out of the game, the Packers were playing like absolute shit. Jennings dropping a pass that goes right into the hands of a Detroit player? That was the Packers/Lions game in a microcosm.

17. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

What, no love for Washington?

18. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jets strength and conditioning coach admits he tripped Dolphins player running down sideline in kick coverage. Wonder what kind of punishment he receives.

19. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Giving Rex Ryan a sponge bath.

20. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maltob's proposed solution works, as does being fired plus a felony assault charge.

It's one thing when players are caught up in the heat of the moment and fight with one another. That's going to happen in an emotional, physical game.

It's another when someone who is just relaxing on the sideline and has nothing to do with the game cold-bloodedly pre-meditates to cheat and injure a random player. If a fan got on the field and attacked a player, he would be arrested, right? Then why not this guy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.